Friday, November 21, 2008

Praise and Coffee Night Report

Kim and I were welcomed at the door with a huge hug from Sue! What a wonderful way to start the evening.


Here is Sue introducing us to Karen and "pointing out" that lady with the really strange blog title. LOL! For any of you that haven't heard the explanation yet, Zaankali was created using the first 2 letters of each of my four children's names.


Sue invited us sit at the "blog" table. It was such a blessing to meet Deborah and her mother Jody. Deborah grew up in Michigan but married an Australian man 2 years ago and now lives in Australia. She was here visiting her mom for Thanksgiving. Deborah found Sue's blog while in Australia. Isn't it crazy the way God arranges things?


Here is Sue "live" with Mel. Mel was hosting a Praise and Coffee Night down in Florida. Mel's group picked the numbers for our groups door prizes. Too fun!


Karen came and spoke for us. Karen has written books for mom's. She has a very calming presence about her and it was a delight to hear from her what God had to share with us.

By the way Karen, I love your jacket and you looked beautiful in it.


Sue is just as sweet as her blog. She has a huge heart and it was a joy to get to meet her in person. Kim is going to see about having a Praise and Coffee Night close to home and Sue has agreed to come up and share at it. What fun that will be! We are thinking we need to find somewhere bigger than Beans to Brew here in Allendale.


Thank you Sue for stepping out and starting this up. It was a wonderful night!

14 comments:

Monkey Giggles said...

I was praying for everyone last night.

Looks like prayers were answered.

Wonderful pictures...thanks for sharing

Karen Hossink said...

Hi Jennifer,

It was a fun night. Thanks for your kind words!

BTW, I got the jacket at Dress Barn a month or two ago. I'm sure they still have 'em! *grin*

concerned parent said...

Hi, I am Alisun Fowler and I missed you last night Sue is my sister in-law and I was going to be there until I felt under the weather and could not make it. I would love to come if you do a Praise and coffee night in this area that would be fun.

Mari said...

What a fun night! I hope I can go to the next one.

Aunt Angie said...

That sounds like a GREAT time! What fun!!!

Aunt Angie said...

That sounds like a GREAT time! What fun!!!

Justabeachkat said...

By the smiles on your faces, I KNOW you all had fun together. Isn't our God awesome?!

We've just returned from our Marco Island trip, so I'm spending time in-between laundry to play "catch up" yet again with my blog reading.

Hugs!
Kat

Praise and Coffee said...

Jen,
It was so cool to meet you! I wish I could have spent more time with you, we'll have to make up for it when you do your group...but then YOU'LL be busy LOL!

It was such a fun evening. Thank you for your sweet words.
Hugs,
Sue

A Stone Gatherer said...

What a great time we had! I do hate myself in pictures though! YECK!!!!

Melissa said...

Looks like fun!!!

Praise and Coffee said...

I feel so bad everytime I see that picture of me pointing my fingers at you! LOL. I think people might be scared if they see that!!!

Really people...we were having fun! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a great time. I am looking forward to a special night here in our area. Keep me posted!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Jennifer!

Praise and Coffee Night was such a lovely evening! I so much enjoyed the fellowship God blessed us with at our table...with my mother, Jody, and Kim. We were a happy foursome. Isn't it wonderful...the love shared between sisters-in-Christ...Thank You, Lord! I will be checking in again!

For His Name's Sake,
Deborah

P.S.
In Michigan another two weeks...then back to Brissy...and a hot hot hot summer Christmas in Queensland!

happyhome said...

What fun!