Tuesday, May 5, 2009

They're back

We thought we were going to get answers to the mystery hives soon. They have been gone for a long time and she has been off all medication for a month or so and then last night they decided to make an uninvited visit.

I sent her to school today medicated. She took more medicine right before leaving school and I got a call from the bus driver asking me to meet her because the hives were getting worse quickly. I called the allergist and they have put her back on allergy medication and told me to double the Benadryl. If we aren't seeing an improvement by Thursday I need to call them. And if, heaven forbid, she gets worse tonight instead of better on the stronger medicine we need to take her to the ER. Just so happens Kaylyn needs to get allergy shots at the allergists office Thursday so Libby is coming along this time. That why I can let them see her and decide if they are comfortable with how she is doing.



Please pray for her. She is very uncomfortable right now. If you can see in the picture half of her top lip is swollen. The hives are always random on her as far as where all they show up.

I am sure you are wondering what caused it this time... so are we. As far as I can tell it might be another powder mix. The allergist felt with the seasoning packet the first time that it might be a preservative and since Libby had a drink made from a powdered mix last night right before she broke out it makes sense that it might be just that.

7 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh poor Libby- she looks miserable.
I'm glad you can get her into the allergist on Thursday. Hope you get some answers.
Praying she gets some relief soon!

Diane said...

She looks absolutely miserable! I will pray for her that she has no itching and no pain! Also I will pray that the allergist/doctor will know what to do about it. Actually... now that I think about it... I'm going to commit this to prayer tonight and ask that God takes the hives away by morning and she is completely healed!!!

Mari said...

Poor Libby - I feel so bad that she is dealing with this again. I'm praying for her to feel better too, and for the Dr to have wisdom to know how to treat her.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Oh I feel so incredibly bad! We'll be praying that the hives go down! Poor girl!

Cherdecor said...

Please never give her that drink again. This is scaring me! She looks so miserable! They need to SEE her! This isn't just a LITTLE case of hives! I know, I know, I'll calm down! After what I have been through, I know how doctors can put you off until you nearly die.

Terri said...

That poor girl - she looks just miserable (and who wouldn't be). I hope they can figure it out and get her some relief soon!

Melissa said...

Poor Libby! I hope they are starting to get better by now!