Friday, July 3, 2009

Quite an honor.

So back to catching up.

On June 16 we found out that Zachary was selected as Mr. Track and Field 2009. This is quite an honor. Out of all of the male track athletes in Michigan only one athlete gets this title every year. I don't know who was more excited Zack or me. I found out through an e-mail and went running through the house to find Zachary. He quickly called his throws coach. I told him to hurry because I wanted to call Mark. Then the little stinker started dialing his girlfriend's number BEFORE calling his father! "Oh no little man! Daddy first."



Here is a link to the list of athletes that made it on the Dream Team.

5 comments:

Mari said...

It's a huge honor! And yes - Daddy first!

Justabeachkat said...

Oh.My.Word! What an honor!

Yeah for Zach!!!!!!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Good for Zach!!!!!

cherdecor

Justabeachkat said...

We're actually in Nashville but have settle into our hotel room for the night and I'm enjoying some computer time while George enjoys some TV sport time. LOL

Hope all is okay. I miss you blogging.

Hugs!
Kat

Shelly said...

That is so cool. Also, wanted to tell ya. You might already know though. We were at the Grand Haven Burger King and there is Zach's picture on a sign. Awesome