Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Kaylyn!

A little late again. My poor blog is full of cobwebs.

Kaylyn turned 14 a couple weeks ago. We usually celebrate on Sunday's with cake and ice cream but because life has been so hectic we squeezed it in on a Tuesday night and I made tacos for everyone and then we had cake and ice cream.

Kaylyn has been asking me for a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for the past couple years. Her Grandma Hill made it for her every year but Grandma passed away in 2005 and Kaylyn has been missing her cake. The problem is my mother, uncle, and myself get headaches from chocolate so a double chocolate cake is way too much for us. I came up with a simple solution that I should have thought of long ago. Provide 2 desserts. I had one happy girl this year. Wink!



It was also nice to have Grandpa join us. He loves all his Great-grandkids. Emily thinks he is pretty cool too because he gives her rides on his walker and she thinks she is pretty big stuff on it.

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Happy Birthday Kaylyn. I bet you loved that cake- it looks delicious!
Emily is so cute riding on the walker!!

Mari said...

Happy Birthday Kaylyn!
I love the picture of Emily and Grandpa!

Tonja said...

So glad she got her chocolate for her birthday!

Cherdecor said...

Happy Birthday, Kaylyn! Not everyone gets two desserts for their birthday. You are lucky for sure!

Justabeachkat said...

Happy Birthday to your very beautiful Kaylyn. My kind of girl...chocolate all the way!

HAPPY HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Hugs!
Kat