Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer is here!

I am hoping with summer will come a more laid back life that offers some time to blog. Time will tell.

This picture is from last Sunday. Mark and I were just turning out of the parking lot at Karmanos Cancer Center in Detroit from visiting my sister and this was in the sky. Right after I took the picture another plane came through and drew the arrow piercing the heart but by then the heart was getting hard to see anymore.


Unfortunately my sister is still in the hospital following her bone marrow transplant. She is on day +54 bmt today. She has developed pneumonia now and could use prayers that she stops throwing up as she tries to eat again and her body just isn't accepting it well.

3 comments:

Mari said...

That is so cool! A sign of God's love.
I'm praying for Jodi.

Karen Hossink said...

Indeed, a gift to you from God. A reminder of His perfect love, and His ability to care for your sister.

Father, even as you use the rainbow in the sky to remind us of Your promise to never destroy the earth by flood again, I pray You will use hearts - in the sky, on paper, wherever - to remind Jennifer of Your promise to love her always. Remind her daily that You are caring for Jodi.
I know You know exactly what Jodi needs today. And I am asking You to hold her close and give her body the strength and healing it needs. Please give her the ability to eat and receive nourishment. Please fill her with peace and cover her with Your love.
I'm asking it in the wonderful, powerful, beautiful, matchless Name of JESUS.
Amen and amen!

Cherdecor said...

I have been praying for Jodi and keeping up with her on caringbridge. Pneumonia is such awful stuff.