Friday, March 21, 2008

The first day of Spring?

Here is how the first day of Spring is being welcomed in West Michigan....

Severe Weather Bulletin:

From the WZZM 13 On Target Weather Center, here is the latest bulletin from the National Weather Service...

04:09 AM EDT Fri-Mar-21
The Weather Service has issued a WINTER STORM WARNING
Michigan counties
ALLEGAN, BARRY, CALHOUN, KALAMAZOO, VAN BUREN
SNOW ADVISORY
Michigan counties
IONIA, KENT,OTTAWA

Yes indeed! We are under a Winter Snow Advisory. Go figure!


Smiles!

17 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

Well snow advisory or not! I just choose to speak against the snow! Depart from me!!!!!

Shelly said...

Depart from all of us! Kinda cloudy out right now. Good day for a movie! I wonder if this will pass us? Wishful thinking. lol
Next weekend going to be close to fifty. I will surely look forward to that. enjoy your day

Diane said...

How's the whole "depart from me" workin' for ya?? I just looked outside and it's still snowing! :(

BTW, we're now under a Winter Storm Warning - just thought you'd be thrilled to hear that!

Melissa said...

Yuck yuck yuck. I'm looking outside right now and I can just barely make out the outline of church. I'm so ready for real SPRING weather!!!

Mari said...

It's still snowing and now I hear there are roads being closed and accidents. Enough already!

Cheri said...

I can hardly bear to look outside.

Cherdecor said...

I am really sorry that you are getting this snow storm on Easter weekend. How in this world are you going to find your eggs in such deep snow drifts????????

AND you will have to wear your parkas to Easter Sunrise service! Maybe you will even have to go to church on dog sled! ENOUGH ALREADY!

It is time for SPRING in Western Michigan!

What am I saying. . . snow is predicted for Lancaster County tonight UGH!!!!!!!

Cherdecor said...

Here you go . . . .
http://www.wishafriend.com/glitter/seasons/spring/

The sign I thought was fitting said,
Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush.

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, my car is smashed and I've had it with this winter...bring on summer!

Rhonda said...

Sounds like our place. It's soooo cold today. And we have so much snow to get rid of.

Ready for warmth!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Ok, but my question to you is...

"Are your slider doors still frozen shut?"


Happy Easter, Joanne

MorningSong said...

Sorry to hear about the weather! I won't tell you what our temps are! That would just be cruel!

Thanks for sharing your sewing errors with me! I need a can of air too! :)

Blessings!

Tonja said...

"I'm Dreaming Of A White Easter..."

This could be your theme song for the day! As aggravating as the weather can be...I still hope your Easter is filled with much warmth and happiness. Make some sweet memories. Oh and I heard this, not sure if it is true or not...wouldn't want to risk it, though...".Eating a giant chocolate bunny wll keep the winter chill away from your house!" Just passing along the hints, my friend! Stay warm!

Sheila said...

I know! We have snow advisories out, too, up here in southern Ontario. I've never had a white Easter before, but I guess there's a first for everything!


Visit To Love, Honor and Vacuum today!

Shelly said...

Maybe one can think of the white snow in another point of view. Think of it like this: Christ Died for us to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (white as snow). Even though I can think of that, I am still ready for the spring like everyone else. We did break a record this year. LOL
OH, I looked for you in church. I did not see ya. We go to the second service. We sit towards the back of the right middle.

Shelly said...

I will be at GVSU tomorrow that is the girls day. Amanda is going to do the 200m. So, that will be interesting. There are so many kids from so many schools and I cannot believe how fast some of those runners are. Maybe you could go to the tanner and beat Anna from being more tan than you. LOL
Is that where you grew up?

Anonymous said...

Oh my!

All I can say is I am glad that I am not there! :)

Stay safe and Happy Easter!