I thought I should prove to Laura that she is not alone. You will have to go here for an explanation of why my fingers and toes often go white and numb when I get cold, just like Laura's. I should note it was much worse than this but after I ran house and searched for the camera I improved some of the blood flow. This has only been happening to me for about the last 6 or 7 years. My kids get a chuckle out of seeing one of mom's fingers randomly going white. It is so attractive don't you think?
BTW- Thanks Laura for giving me a name to go with my "weird finger/toe thing".
Be sure to visit Angie. She is having a Max Lucado book giveaway.
Smiles!

BTW- Thanks Laura for giving me a name to go with my "weird finger/toe thing".
Be sure to visit Angie. She is having a Max Lucado book giveaway.
Smiles!
11 comments:
Interesting... my hands turn funny colors too, but usually purple and splotchy! :)
Don't you think you girls should see a doctor? Is it just something that happens to people who live in Michigan? Melissa's hands turn purple? That sounds like a cccccold weather symptom to me!
Yay!! I'm not alone! That's so good to know - and yup - that definitely looks like Reynauds - exactly what happens to mine. Maybe it's not as rare as I thought!
Yeah - that sure looks like Reynauds. You can also compare notes with Bonnie B. She has it too!
Man, I guess more people have this than I thought too!
My kids would laugh at me too.
Wow---and it was worse than the photo? I have never heard of that!
Jared came running the other day, saying "Mom, my toe is white!" It was the weirdest thing! He said it felt a little tingly. I'm wondering if it's the same thing that all of you ladies have!
I think it has to do with bad circulation. My sister and I get is really bad...my hands get frezzying and my toes go numb a bit. we are both pretty tall those and we were told it is affected by blood flow. Hopefully this helps :)
My mom has the same thing. She gets it when she drinks 42 oz sodas, which she still does on a regular basis, despite the numb fingers. I don't think it affects her toes, though. The doctor didn't really have any advice for her either.
Oh my gosh! My dh has a finger that does that same thing, but we never knew why! I'll have to tell him he's not alone!
My daughter must have this, too! It's just the same, only no fingers involved... just toes, so far. At first we thought it was the same toe - the one we think she broke a few years back. Then we thought it was just when she ran around outside barefoot and got too cold. Then we realized that it can be pretty random. It's very weird to look at, and rather disturbing for a parent! I'm going to go check out the syndrome you named. I always love to put a name to things, at least!
Post a Comment