Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Cleaning-Anna's room

Yeah! One more room to check off my list. I am losing my momentum, can you tell?

Before picture:

After pictures:

The beads hanging in the doorway are Anna's personal alarm system. She can hear from anywhere in the house if someone goes in her bedroom because the beads are making noise. Including the poor dog who Anna does not like getting on her bed.Look at all those soccer balls under her saucer chair. Just how many soccer balls does one girl need?Yes, my daughter loves to hunt. These are her own mounts. She even saved up money to pay for them herself.
Isn't this a cool wall? Anna painted it herself. I think she did an excellent job! That circle on the wall is a glare off her mirror.
Some of what was done:
-Stripped bedding and washed it
-moved bed to clean and vacuum under it
-washed window inside and out (Can't get that cling on paint stuff off her window. I think I will make the Auntie that gave it to her come over and clean it.)
-dumped trash
-washed marks on wall with the wonderful "Magic Eraser"
-organized her stuff

Want some inspiration? Visit Monica at The Homespun Heart to see how others are doing with their spring cleaning.

Smiles!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! Looks like you had your work cut out for you! I can't wait to see the end result!

Monkey Giggles said...

Did she make the hanging quilt? I love the color of the walls.

Monica Wilkinson said...

I'm struggling with momentum too! Way to hang in there! Can't wait to see the after pix...

Cheri said...

I hope she appreciates your efforts. I think you're doing great.

Mari said...

I'm impressed you're still working so hard!

T♥RI said...

Do I see pilates on the floor?!?! Tell her I said that... :)

jennwa said...

That room looks great.

Raul Mosley said...

I love the beads early detection defense system!!! I wish I could watch the dog try to figure out how to get around this. :)

Rebekah said...

Cool, that is hip dude. Seriously, I love it especially the reese pillow

happyhome said...

Now THAT is an inspiration!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

WOW....her room looks so FUN!!! When I was in high school my room was PEACH and GRAY. Yep...don't know why, but it was and I LOVED IT!