Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring Cleaning-Kids bathroom

Before picture:

I didn't dare go much further in for the picture for fear of terrible embarrassment. My husband and I both refuse to use the kids bathroom because they don't clean up after themselves and they don't seem to have very good "aim". Ewww.
After pictures:

I went shopping to Target (new rug) and Hobby Lobby today to make some fun things for the walls now that the bathroom is so shiney clean.
Speaking scripture into my children.

In case you can't read them I will type it out for you...

Zachary
That whatever Zachary does, he will work at it with all his heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since he knows that he will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ he is serving.
~Colossians 3:23-24

Georgiana
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, may Georgiana clothe herself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
~Colossians 3:12

Kaylyn
Let Kaylyn not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time she will reap a harvest if she does not give up.
~Galatians 6:9

Elizabeth
That Elizabeth will be strong and courageous, and do the work. That she not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, her God, is with her. He will not fail her or forsake her until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished.
~I Chronicles 28:20

We have always had the towel hooks hanging in the bathroom but I decided to "spruce" them up a little.
Some of what was done:
-remove shower curtain and launder it
-scrub shower/tub
-empty trash and soak trash can (why can't kids put gum in tissue before dumping it?)
-wash down toilet
-wash mirror
-empty drawers, wash them, replace only essential items (how many toothbrushes can one child use anyway?)
-empty cupboards, wash them, replace only essential items (what do they do with the rocks I found in cupboard?)
-wash down walls where needed
-wash door
-hand wash floor
-spruce up a bit

Smiles!

15 comments:

twinklemom said...

I love how you did the "speaking scripture" for your children..Sounds like a fun "how to do" post to show readers how you created that *wink wink* Lol

Melissa said...

It looks fantastic!
I LOVE the Bible verses!

Mari said...

You did a great job! You must be exhausted - you've been working like crazy. I love the scriptures.

Cheri said...

Very nice. Love the new towel hooks.

Rebekah said...

you've done a fabulous job with your spring cleaning. I am jealous. (however, I did get behind my frig cleaned this week)
The scripture idea is great

Khrista said...

Looks great Jennifer! Love the frames with each of the kid's names!

jennwa said...

The bathroom looks great. I love the bible verses, in the frames. I also like the towel hooks.

A Stone Gatherer said...

I loves those verses! Great job! Keep up the good work!

happyhome said...

LOVE the scripture verses and the towel hooks. Great job!

Tonja said...

You should be rewarded by your whole family for all you have done for them this week!

Love the idea of the scripture, using their names. Great place to put it, too!

Have a restful weekend...you deserve it!

Sheila said...

I REALLY love the Scripture on the walls! That is so cute! Can you write more about what exactly those frames are? I'd love to try to replicate it.

Thanks!

Visit To Love, Honor and Vacuum today!

Anonymous said...

I'm here from Ginger's blog and I wanted to say how much I love the idea of the scriptures you are praying, and displaying, over your kids.

That is brilliant to put them on the wall for them to see every day. I just love that idea.

Inspired!!

You have a lovely blog. You are doing a great job of tackling your spring cleaning projects.

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

So, you will be at my house by 9 tomorrow?
WOW!
What a great job you did!

Nice to stop in again - it's been a while.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, first of all thank you for your prayers for my mom. Her name is Joan (pronounced Joann.) I find it so much easier to be praying when I pray specifically, too.

Secondly, I love the scripture you posted for your kids. I do have scripture posted on my mirror, but I wish I would have done more of this kind of thing when my kids were young. Great job!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the framed and personalized verses!