Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring Cleaning-Master bedroom and bathroom

"Before" pictures of the Master bedroom:

My sweet husband makes the bed for me every morning so this really is how my bedroom looked the morning I started. If it was left up to me the bed might not get made until right before I crawl into it at night. Silly yes but it is nice to get into a made bed so yes if Mark isn't home to make it I do make it before going to bed.

Another view before the "cleanfest".

"After" pictures of the Master bedroom:
A partial list of what was done to it:
-stripped the bedding and washed it
-picked up the matress and box springs and everything that had found it's way under the bed and vacuumed
-removed everything that didn't belong in the room (look next to the bed on my side, pack rat)
-swiffered the walls
-removed and washed the light fixture and cleaned the ceiling fan
-washed the windows inside and out (they tip in for easy cleaning)
-dusted the blinds
-cleaned out the dresser drawers and dumped things with holes in them (I'll spare you the pictures)
-made a new bedskirt and put it on
-bought a pretty basket to hold blankets (instead of the plastic laundry basket)
-vacuumed the lampshades

"Before" picture of Master bathroom:(Note the cracked toilet seat and the new one waiting to replace it still in the box leaning against the tub. How long do those projects wait to get done in your house?)

"After" pictures of the Master bathroom:

This second "after" pictures is just to show you another tip for making the most out of your mirror. I buy suction cup hooks and hang my jewelry on them on the mirror. I just bought some more to do the same in the kids bathroom. It works really well. I even hang my glasses there while I am not wearing them.


Some of what was done:
-washed down bathtub/shower
-removed and cleaned furnace vent
-hand washed the floors and cabinet faces
-cleaned the mirror
-dump out-dated toiletries/medications
-washed the rug and toilet cover
-replaced broken toilet seat

Now it is on to the kids bathroom and Anna's bedroom to catch up on my goals. Yikes I am running a bit behind.

Want some inspiration? Visit Monica at The Homespun Heart to see how others are doing with their spring cleaning.

Smiles!

15 comments:

Jen said...

WOW! That is a LOT of spring cleaning! GREAT JOB!!

Beth Cotell said...

You are making great progress! And I love the suction cup idea...great use of space!

Cheri said...

Wow- it all looks great.
You have the same exact glider chair that I have!
You are doing a great job.

A Stone Gatherer said...

That looks great Jen! Good Job! You are very inspiring!!!!

Aunt Angie said...

I love that! Now, Jennifer...come on over to my house! I tried to comment yesterday and tell you thank you for your sweet comment on my CWO Cafe post---but my computer went a bit crazy. Hope your day is great. I thank you for all your prayers for me and my family during the tough days of losing my sister to her heavenly home. Knowing where she is is great...but not having her here..is painful. I wanted to call her last week and discuss our Bible Study time...I cried instead. But Iknow that God is Sovereign in all things.
Bless you Jennifer!

Mari said...

Yeah for you - you're doing great! I love you bedroom colors.

Lynette said...

Good Job! Your room looks great!

Monkey Giggles said...

Tell us all about the rubber duckie on your dresser! smile...

Great job.

Melissa said...

You're making great progress!!!
I have to admit, I make my bed right before I go to bed at night too :)

jennwa said...

Everything looks great. You are working hard.
Now I feel I need to do some spring cleaning of my own.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it feel WONDERFUL? Clean walls are the best. I love those Magic Eraser things. They ARE magic. :)

Shelly said...

It is so nice to see the finished project when I finish my cleaning too. Sometimes it takes me a little bit to get the gumption up to do it, BUT, I like it when I am done. Of course, all is temporary with three little boys around the house too. My name is different because Amanda's dad died of ALS and I remarried two years ago. WE go to the second service. Last name Vandlen

Monica Wilkinson said...

This looks GREAT! So inviting and peaceful - great job!

Tonja said...

Have you ever had a desire to visit Alabama? Well...if you feel like you need to travel and want to see how it feels to clean in another state...just give me a call! I'll send you a ticket!

Everything looks so nice! I'd make everyone stay out of my bedroom and then you could keep it like that!

Anonymous said...

You've been busy----wanna come to Japan? :)