What does my sweetheart do before he leaves for the weekend to hunt? He brings me roses and not just any old color roses but yellow roses. Do you know why I prefer yellow roses? Because they represent friendship and I love knowing that I am my husband's best friend. He also brought home mint chocolate chip ice cream for me to enjoy while he is gone. He knows it is my favorite and he doesn't like it. He's a keeper!
Here is a bit of what Florapedia says about yellow roses...
A bouquet of yellow roses now brings to mind all of the sunny, cheerful feelings of warmth and happiness. In contrast to the romantic meanings attributed to other roses, the yellow rose is purely a symbol for friendship. This gives it a unique place in the pantheon of roses. Yellow roses can send the perfect message of appreciation and platonic love without the romantic subtext of other colors. They can represent feelings of joy and delight, and are an ideal way to brighten someone's day who may be feeling down. There is perhaps no other flower that is able to bring out a smile in quite the way that a yellow rose can.
That is true for me!
Smiles!
6 comments:
They look so good on your table. That Mark is a good one - I think you should keep him too!
I love yellow roses too- how sweet of him!
Those are very pretty! That was really sweet of him! :)
What a guy! I'm glad mine doesn't hunt and is still very thoughtful of me. We are blessed!
Wow! That hubby of yours is a keeper!
That was nice of your hubby!
Post a Comment