1. I forgot my ______ can you bring it to school? (The secretary knows me on a first name basis.)
2. Can I have some of the ______ in the fridge? (At least they ask first.)
3. I'm running late. (and I am hoping this text will save my butt)
4. I got a great grade on my exam! (The first one all semester so I am going to be sure to tell you)
5. Can you put some money on my card? (Interpret as: I haven't done my laundry for weeks and I have a date tonight.)
6. Can I go to ______ after school?
7. When are you going to be home? (This ranks right up there with "are we there yet?")
8. What's your plans for this weekend? (Interpret as: I need a ride home from college will you come get me?)
9. Skype? (Interpret as: I love you mom and I miss you.) <--- I love that one!!!
10. I found a great deal on __________ will you pay me back if I buy it? (Interpret as: I don't want to waste my money on it but I will gladly waste yours on it.)
(for more Top Ten Tuesday posts, visit ohamanda.com)
6 comments:
Haha, this I have not experienced yet. Only a little longer though, huh? (sniff! sniff!)
I don't text - I'm not as cool as you! :) However - those are the same kinds of messages I used to get over the phone. Some are pretty typical teen things, but some are so heartwarming!
LOVE IT! My oldest two daughters are 16 and 14, and these are looking verrrry familiar! Thanks for the great laugh. :)
Number 10 is hilarious, because I so remember doing that as a teen. Great list!
NOW that is a great post! I believe you have nailed it!
Hilarious!
Post a Comment