Thursday, October 6, 2011

Perspective

My daughter's and I tried our hand at square foot gardening this year. We had much success in some things and it was a learning year in others. One thing that we had been told and then forgot when we planted was to not have melons near squash/cucumbers/zucchini. Yesterday we harvested the only two watermelons that we got.


They look pretty don't they? Well the next picture will give you a little "perspective" on how they really looked...


Oh yes we were laughing. But Libby still cut them open and ate the larger one and said it tasted really good. But the smaller one smelled peculiar almost like... cucumbers. I told the girls next year we will have to work a little harder on placement and giving the gardens a little more consistent TLC.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I think they are super cute little watermelons!

Mari said...

I've heard that they shouldn't be planted near each other. Now I know why!

Denise said...

Watermelon's are truly difficult to grow. That you got ANY is a great accomplishment!