Thursday, January 3, 2013

Do you have your "one word" for 2013?

Last year at this time I seen a lot of buzz on twitter about "What is your word this year?" I had never heard of that before. It sounded interesting and I had a couple words pop into my head right away. The more I thought about it the more I noticed one of the words kept coming up. Before church one morning, during my devotions, I prayed that if this was something I should do please make one of the words really stick out to me. During church that morning the pastor used one of the words at least a dozen times and linked a scripture that I had been studying along with it. That was enough of a sign to me to jump on board and I wrote the word on my wrist.

My definition of focus is that I keep my focus on God and off from the distractions of this world. I feel like I have grown closer to God and have had more peace with different situations than any year prior. I continue to write it on my wrist often so I have a visual reminder. I feel that I still have a LOT to learn concerning what I focus on.

I've decided to participate in One Word 365 this year and my word will again be...
A special thank you to Melanie at Only A Breath for making me this beautiful button. Isn't it pretty?

So do you have one word for the year?

3 comments:

Mari said...

That's a good choice for a word for the year. I haven't done this, but I like the idea.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I don't have 'one word', but you sure picked a great one! :)

Cherdecor said...

Of all the words that bloggers have chosen this year, I think yours is the best! To focus on the Lord is the best advice yet.