Friday, October 26, 2007

The pool is closed, finally.

Mark and Zack put the cover on the pool Wednesday night so the pool is officially closed for the winter. You may be surprised that we hadn't closed it sooner but it has been so unseasonably warm this fall that it causes us to procrastinate a bit. You see we have a heater on the pool so that if we know we will be having a warm weekend we will turn on the heater on Friday so the kids can swim Saturday and Sunday.

The video is of Zack (on the right) and my nephew Derek (on the left) throwing my nephew Brandon into the deep end. The girls to the right are Anna, Kaylyn, and Libby and the girl behind them is my niece Kendra.

We get a whole lot of use out of our pools. The kids are in it pretty much every day that it isn't raining during the summer. I am really happy that we were able to put it in 4 years ago.

Smiles!


15 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

Cool Jen! The only heater we have on our pool is my husband's handy man special to heat the water in the spring. Pools are great to have around!

Cheryl said...

This was really good. I know from hearing the laughter they are having so much fun. Glad you could share that with us. It is really important for families to spend time together. Good to see all of you happy. God Bless!

Cherdecor said...

It sounds from the laughter that they were having a great time. What fun! How wonderful to have such a large pool! Do they ice skate somewhere in the winter? When I think of Michigan, I think of ice skating.

Melissa said...

Yeah, I can attest to how nice your pool is! :) Too bad it's not something you can use year-round!! (Wouldn't that be nice?)

Chad and Tammy said...

Looks like fun!

Cheri said...

What a great pool- maybe a blogging party next summer???

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hop over to your blog and see where you are from. I love your picture and read somewhere that your daughter took it. Am I right? It's great! Love the pool. Ours is above ground and getting older. With no kids around anymore we couldn't wait to close it this year. It was great to see your kids in yours. Brrrrrr, can't imagine on this cold, fall night

Diane said...

A blogger pool party sounds great, Cheri! Does everyone have a laptop to take along?? We probably would want to communicate at the party, right? ;-)

Anonymous said...

What fun memories!! My little guys love to be thrown like that in the pool-----but they've been thrown quite so high yet! :) Glad you were able to preserve some of it on video.

Rick said...

Enjoyed the video. Summer is over.

My background is in children's ministries. I always appreciate good workers like you.

http://www.organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Justabeachkat said...

Beautiful pool! They were sure having fun.

Our pool is smaller but we sure love it. Living in Florida, we never have to cover it though, which is nice so we can enjoy the view.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs!
Kat

Mari said...

I guess summer is really over - Heather just told me we are supposed to have snow by the 1st week of November.

Melissa said...

I guess you'd be surprised then...I love the Brady bunch! Although, I suppose your right, I've probably just seen the reruns. But still.... great, now i've got the theme song stuck in my head! :)

julie said...

That pool looks like such fun!!!

About my last post, I wish it was me too :) That's nice to hear someone else say it!! And not think I'm crazy since I already have been blessed with 5. Smiles.

Unknown said...

I came to your blog from tired supergirl's blog. What fun I've had reading here. I've got a 12 year old as well -- and she would also like an iPod. ;)

It's been fun looking around -- I enjoyed my visit.