This is a project that Anna has recently finished and she is waiting on me to help felt it. Well I seen this adorable purse on a blog that I bounced to from Bonnie's blog this morning and just new I have to get Anna's purse done.
So when Anna gets home from school today this is what we will be doing and I will post a picture of the finished bag asap.
If you have never heard of felting I will give a quick explanation. Some of you may have done it completely by accident and turned your favorite wool sweater into something only your toddler can now wear. It's okay to admit I did it to one of my very favorite sweaters that snuck into the laundry without me noticing.
Felting instructions: (this only works on projects knit with wool yarn) Felting is best accomplished by machine washing the item in VERY HOT SUDSY water, agitation on the longest cycle, then rinsing in VERY COLD water. Repeat if necessary. Shape if needed, feeling free to "tug" and "pull" at the yarn, as it is very sturdy. Lay flat to dry.
I can't wait to see how it will look when it is done.
Country Needle Works is having a 20% off sale on wool yarn this week Thursday from 6-9pm. Kaylyn and I are going to go because she would also like a purse like this but she doesn't have the patience to knit it herself. I told her if she buys the yarn I will knit it up for her. Wool yarn is rather expensive compared to regular yarn and then to make it worse you need to knit the project extra big because the felting shrinks it down so you go through more of the yarn.
The nice thing about felting is little mistakes are hidden so it is a "less stressful" project for beginners because in the end no one, even them, will see the mistakes.
Smiles!
8 comments:
What a fun project! I will be excited to one day do more than finger-painting and coloring with the girls and this is a great idea!
I checked out the original site and the one on there is really cute. I love the strip in yours - I bet it will turn out great!
Very cute- Oh I wish I knew how to knit- what a fun hobby.
Can't wait to see the finished product!
What a darling purse! Your daughter has a knack!I'd love to know where you got the pattern! These bags are so fun to knit up. I'm going to knit one for my niece next! Thanks for the comment on my blog!
How exciting! I can't wait to see the finished product!
Wish I could knit. I might try after the Holidays.
I'll be back to see the finished product.
Hugs!
Kat
Post a Comment