So what do you do after you have eaten so much that you can't eat no more?
Board games of course.
Board games of course.
Here is my favorite game, Settlers of Catan. Zack and I taught my nephew Brandon and Mark how to play it. Pastor Brandon (sorry to be so formal and all but I don't want everyone confusing you with my previously mentioned nephew) can appreciate this picture of Zack asking his dad what he would like to trade. I think Mark got just as frustrated with Zack as Pastor Brandon did when we played it in Chicago with the "that doesn't even make sense" trades Zack tries to offer.
I also warned both Mark and my nephew not to tell Zack what they had in their hand just in case Zack draws a Monopoly card and my quick learnin' hubby used it against Zack and me.
Pastor Brandon does this sound familiar...
Mark: "Zack you got any ore?"
Zack: "Yeah, but I'm not giving it to you!"
Mark: "Jen you got any ore?"
Jen: "Yeah but I really can't trade it."
Mark flips his Monopoly card and says (all proud of himself like), "Everyone hand over your ore."
Zack and Jen: "That's just not right!"
Then Mark proceeded to laugh so hard Zack asked him if he was going to be okay because Mark's face was beat red and he started coughing like crazy. That'll teach him to not be so scandalous. I had to include that last word (scandalous) 'cause it was Zack's "word of the day" apparently because he kept repeating it.
Mark had just tons of energy because he had spent the afternoon at my mother's house doing a lot of this during the football game...
Smiles!
15 comments:
Board games are so much fun. I've never played this one, but I'm sure the grandsons would like it. We play a lot of boardgames. The boys like Sorry, Monopoly (groan, it takes too long) Isolation, Uno, Blockus and more. If you haven't played Blockus, it is a FUN and brain teasing game. You might like to try the 4 player edition.
This is what memories are made of! Looks like a good time with lots of laughter!
Sounds like fun! Anna keeps telling me that I have to come and play it with you guys! I had to laugh about Mark's laughing episode, because I remembered how hard we were laughing about the "midgit conversation"! Lol! Great memories!!!!....
one more thing...I love your new profile picture! your shirt makes your eyes look really green! :)
Your board games look like a lot of fun! Right now, because our grandchildren are so young, it has to be Dora's Candy Land, Dora's Memory and Fishin'.
I would give 2 wheat and an ore to come over and play with you!
We played a lot this month as well all the time we were not hunting in fact.
One game I won in about 30 minutes as I placed on two 8's both ore and had 2:1 ore trading. We kept rolling eights one after another. It was awesome.
Is Zach still trying to win the game with all sheep? I will never forget how close he came. Now Dawn has some interesting strategies. Like playing all green spaces (sheep and wood) because her game pieces were green.
We'll have to get together some time to play. Too Fun! Tell Zach I passed up another buck this weekend, I am being choosy now because I got an 8 point.
Love the ELVES!!! Isn't that fun? Cute kids, too.
Enjoy the rest of the week...
Sounds like you guys had a great day! Would have loved to hear the conversation around that table.
Sounds like you had a laughter filled Thanksgiving. We settled in for some Eucher instead of board games. Uhem, My sister and I beat the guys. YESsss!
Enjoyed reading you post. We also played board games and had so much fun. Glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving. God Bless!
It looks like you had a great weekend!!! And yes, I went to Target early Friday and got the 2 guitar set of the game for $85.
I think board games should count as "activity!" Those boys earned their recliner hours, right? :)
The kids love it when we play with them, but I'm not a big fan of the board games, myself. They think they've hit the big time if Mommy plays along! Usually it's the kids and all the men-folk in our family. Odd, but true.
Your family's thanksgiving looks wonderful! How special to have your parents and grandparents in the same house with your kids. Do you live in the same town? My favorite part was when you said your grandmother had never been mad at you, that's sweet. :) That's the way it ought to be, too, right? I'm sure my kids will say the same thing one day, and that makes me smile.
Happy holidays!
Jen,
I tagged you - go check out my blog!
Hey I tagged you too only because I don't have that many blogging buddies yet!
ME
Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving. We did a few board games too - Scatergories. Lots of laughing.
http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/
P.S. Love the Bible too.
Post a Comment