Friday, November 16, 2007

Hunting success!

Mark took Zack, Anna, Kaylyn, and Dani (Anna's friend) up north Wednesday night after youth group so they would be ready to head out into the woods first thing Thursday morning.


Zack sat by himself in the morning and shot the biggest buck he has ever had a chance at. He was a very excited young man! You'll have to ask Mark to share (my man loves telling stories) about Zack's excitement.


Anna and Dani sat in a blind together. They didn't have much luck but what a better way to spend a day off school then to sit together in a hunting blind. Oh the memories those girls will have.


Kaylyn sat with Mark (and Zack in the afternoon). She shot her very first deer! I was so worried about that tender-hearted girl and how she would handle the emotions involved, but Mark said she was soooo pumped about it. Yeah!





I know hunting involves death which in turn involves blood... but we (as a family) usually do a better job at making certain there isn't so much blood in the pictures. So I hope these pictures weren't too "real" for some of you. If so please accept my apologies as I am very aware that hunting isn't for everyone. (If you don't click on the pictures you probably can't see what I am talking about. So if it is an issue, don't click.)


Have a great day!
Smiles!

11 comments:

Mari said...

Wow - your family did great. My girls were never interested, but the boys like it!

Melissa said...

You did good. I won't ask you any more challenging questions today :) Okay, now I have to read your post....

Melissa said...

You did good. I won't ask you any more challenging questions today :) Okay, now I have to read your post....

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness! How exciting! I can't wait to talk to Mark and Zack on Sunday and hear of their adventure! And I'm so excited for Kaylyn! I'm sure she'll have some incredible stories too!

Cherdecor said...

Congratulations on getting the deer! Now will you have deer meat in the freezer?

While growing up my brothers were all into hunting and now some of the nephews still do. They sit in the woods all day. I just could never do that.

I am glad that your girls like it too. Someone needs to thin out the population of deer.

Anonymous said...

Uh Oh! I smell a buck rivalry. I have 14.25" inside spread. 8 points, not real heavy. 1.5-2.5 yr old buck. 120 lbs dresses out.
Any stats to compare. I don't plan to head mount, just antler mount.

Cheri said...

Congrats- I bet they are all very excited. No excitement here whatsoever- not even a deer spotting- very dissapointing.
They're trying again in the morning.

Cheri said...

Congrats- I bet they are all very excited. No excitement here whatsoever- not even a deer spotting- very dissapointing.
They're trying again in the morning.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Congratulations you guys! Alot of meat in the Hill house this year!

Cheryl said...

I am from the country and this is a very exciting time of the year for the hunters. My brothers love it. My nephew sat in the woods with his dad all day! He is only 9 Whewwww!!! That is a long time to sit still! Thanks for sharing. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

My husband grew up hunting. He wants to take the boys to the States so they can go hunting with him and Papaw. :) I'll have to share this post with them.