Lynnea's Potato Soup
In a large pan add:
6 lg potatoes or more, peel and dice (if using red-skin potatoes, I don't peel and I use about 8)
3 celery stalks, cut in bite size pieces
3 lg. carrots, cut in bite size pieces
1 sm. onion, chopped
Cover with water and boil until veggies are soft. Stir occasionally.
In med. sauce pan add: (I do this part in the microwave)
6 T butter
6 T flour
* make a paste
salt and pepper to taste (I just pepper, the ham adds enough salt for us)
Also add:
1-1/2 c. milk
8 oz. cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
Stir until all ingredients are smooth.
Then combine with veggies. (Note: I remove some of the veggie water before adding the rest because hubby doesn't like "watery" soup. I usually remove enough so that the veggies are just above the water line.)
Add some ham chunks - amount is flexible.
Simmer for an hour.
Enjoy!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yeah, Thanks for the recipe!! I am so excited to try this. Hope you're feeling better.
I see the 'secret' ingredient! CREAM CHEESE! YUM! Thanks a bunch!
Mmm....sounds yummy. I'll have to make it sometime soon. As for my comment about the oranges...I feel kind of dumb now that I've seen the recipe and know that they're carrots!!!! But I'm not the only one, Heather said they looked like mandarin oranges too! :)
This looks delicious! I'll be making it soon. Hope you are feeling better.
I'm making this next week- Mark loves potato soup and with the weather getting colder it'll be perfect!
Thanks for posting this Jen! I am going to make it next week also. Steve has been getting alot of soup lately but he doesn't seem to mind. Hope you feel better every day!
Post a Comment