Libby must have been telling her Great Grandma something interesting. Aunt Jodi was listening in on it also.
My sister Julie is talking to my Grandmother. Julie is the excited mother-to-be of the baby represented in the ticker on the side. Isn't she just glowing? I am so excited for her!
Two of the important men in my life are carving the turkeys. That is right, we have 2 turkeys every year. My mother roasts one traditional turkey in the oven and my father deep fries a second turkey. I look forward to the deep fried turkey because it is so moist and juicy. That is my Grandma in between them pointing out something to her son.
I think my dad is wondering what is taking Mark so long to carve that bird since he has finished carving his already. In the background is my busy mother and I am bummed now that I realize I didn't get any pictures of her because she was busy at work preparing for us. I will do better at Christmas, I promise.
Here is my father sitting next to his mother at the head of the table. He is deciding how he is going to sign his name this year on the table cloth. And Grandma is giving me her "Jenny put that camera away right now" look. I love you Grandma and I want pictures of you for the scrap books. She wasn't really mad at me she was just being funny. I don't think she has ever really been mad at me.
Here is my most favorite part of the entire meal my mother's pumpkin pie. My sister can't eat flour so I even ate her crust for her. It is the best crust ever I just love it!Do you see the names on the table cloth? Every year whoever is sitting around the table signs the table cloth with a pencil then my sister takes it home and embroiders over the name with floss. She uses a different color for every year. It is really quite a keepsake.

Around the table starting with Grandma.
Grandpa, Uncle Jer, nephew Derek, Brother-in-love Randy, hubby Mark, brother-in-love Leo. My sister Jodi is sitting next to Randy but Mark is kinda blocking her out of the picture.

Here is my Grandpa trying to decide how to sign the table cloth this year and Grandma giving her two cents.
Here is my handsome son watching him some football. What would Thanksgiving be without a little of the the Detroit Lions. Isn't he handsome? I am so proud of the young man he is becoming. Check it out, in the background way to the left is my mother again still busy at work.I hope you all had a wonderful time with family and friends.
Smiles!
8 comments:
It was nice seeing all your extended family. I am jealous that you are still enjoying your grandparents. All of mine died by the time I was 4. Glad you had a good day with family!
You certainly had a wonderful Thanksgiving with parents, grandparents, children and all. AND yessssss, your son is a handsome young man! I am glad you all had a very enjoyable day.
What great pictures! I will share mine when I get home tomorrow (and yes I did take a lot!!!) I absolutely love the tablecloth...what an incredible keepsake. I missed the game, because of work, but I'm sure it was great! :)
What lovely photos of your family. I'm sorry you didn't get any of your mother and there isn't one of you either.
Your son is handsome and I'm glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love the tradition with the signatures on the tablecloth. That will be a great family heirloom.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Jen, what a great day, and what a wonderful keepsake of a tablecloth. Who gets to keep it?!
Glad you had a great day. The tablecloth is such a great idea!
What a keepsake that will be some day.
Looks like a fun day was had by all. Love the tablecloth idea!
Loved the pictures----especially everyone around the table. What a great time you must have had!
Post a Comment