Monday, November 19, 2007

Timing is everything?

It is hunting season, as you can see from previous posts, but what you may not realize is that this causes me to be somewhat of a single mom. So off to church I go yesterday with the girls in tow. I teach Young Children and Worship during first service and this is usually not an issue because dear hubby would be sitting in church with the youngest charges next to him keeping an ever so watchful eye. Well yesterday I needed oldest daughter to help me in YC&W. That left lovely 12 and 8 year old daughters to be the responsible youngsters I raised them to be and sit very quietly in church ALONE for the last 45min of church. Silly me, I hadn't even made it to my Sunday School class before the first comment came up about my little darlings and their not so appropriate behavior. Okay this first comment was made by the couple that sits right behind us so they had a close up view. And in my girls defense the husband hushed his wife with "they were not being a distraction". Maybe they weren't really that bad. Again, SILLY ME, by the time I was ready to leave church that morning it was quite apparent to me from random comments that I would be having a not so nice chat with the accomplices before lunch. I need to add in here that 2nd service ran VERY late so I was already feeling a bit behind the gun in getting lunch on the table. But first I had to find the kitchen counter. So dear hubby arrives home and finds me in not such a "happy welcome home honey" mood. I politely ask him to leave the kitchen area so that I can finish getting dinner done. He obliges but in his dismissal he decides now would be a good time to share a little bit of information he acquired from his brother this weekend. "Hey I asked Dave this weekend where Christmas was going to be this year and Dave said 'wherever you pick I guess... it is your year'!!!!!!" Now here is the timing is everything part....


WHY WOULD MY HUSBAND CHOOSE TO TELL ME THAT RIGHT THEN WHEN I AM HAVING SUCH A BANNER DAY ALREADY???? I can't possibly fit 27 people in my living room.


I love my husband

I love my husband

I love my husband

I love my husband


Smiles!

7 comments:

Cheri said...

I love it!! Men don't think at all sometimes do they!!
In your girls defense- I was sitting in the middle section about 5 rows back from them and I didn't notice anything. Hope that helps their cause a little bit!

Mari said...

You are right - timing is everything! Sometimes men are clueless! I can't say I have ever seen your little darlings misbehaving in church, so it can't have been that bad. I also had one of them in class and never had issues!
PS - hunting season will soon be done!

Anonymous said...

Jen Jen, I was sitting two rows behind the girls, they were fine. Funny how quickly parents of grown children forget what it was like when their kids were young. Don't try to make your guests too comfortable or they will be back next year!! See Ya soon,Patty

Justabeachkat said...

Men will never learn!! Too funny. Love the photo!

Hugs!
Kat

Diane said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again... men may be wired differently but sometimes I think there's a loose connection!

I feel your pain, sista!!!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Yep, just relax about the girlys! I'm sure they weren't all that. Sometimes peoples imaginations get the best of them. They should have been concentrating on the Awesome sermon! As far as your husband, I concur with the other ladies!

Cherdecor said...

I agree with 'a stone gatherer'. Just relax about the girls. I am sure they were fine. Jesus always wanted the children to come to him. It was always the disciples who would shoosh them away for being too noisy!