Monday, December 17, 2007

Better late then never?

Welcome to our home.... Feel free to hang you coat here by the door and take a look around. Do you see the beautiful egg hanging on the coat rack? It was given to me last year by some friends of ours that live in Mackinaw City. Little did they know how very much it would mean to me. My mother-in-law passed away 2 years ago and she used to put these little ceramic trinket boxes in the kids stockings. They would always be a different shape like a ladies fancy hat or a football and then when you opened it there would be a little ceramic item inside that would relate to the outside. The kids just loved getting them and seeing what would be the matching item inside. An example is Zack got one that looked like the old basket type fishing box and inside was a fish. Well this egg looks like a large replica of those little trinkets and when you open it inside is a music box that plays The First Noel. I was in tears over the flood of memories that came back when I opened this gift. It will always remind me of my mother-in-law and thoughtful friends.I received this a couple years ago from a Secret Sister gift exchange I had with my bible study ladies. I just love the snowman.
This poinsettia was brought home just for our daughter, Kaylyn. She loves blue and everything that glitters. It is a plus to have a daddy that works for a greenhouse.

This poinsettia is my favorite this year. If you can't see it is also all glittery. This was my Christmas gift from my kids (really that is Mark's way to get me gifts when we agree we aren't getting each other gifts) last Christmas. I fell in love with all of the art work done by this artist. I am sure it has to do with the quilting on so many of the figures. Last but not least our Christmas Tree. The Angel on the top was also a gift from my "kids" a long time ago. My husband found it in Chicago on a business trip and I just love it. It is tradition that once we have decorated the tree Mark puts the angel on top. Only Daddy gets to top the tree. Thank you for visiting our home. Please let me know you were here. Have a very Merry Christmas!
God Bless,

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I love the blue pointsettia (sp?)Who knew?
DMS

jennwa said...

I love your snowmen. Everything looks so sweet.

Mari said...

What a nice tour. I love the stories to go with your things - especially the egg. The snowmen are very cute.
I heard they had blue poinsetta's but had never seen one - it's pretty! Thanks for the tour.

Melissa said...

it worked! i've been trying for a long time to post a comment, but it wouldn't let me, but now...
i heard zack almost killed himself hanging up those lights, but they look pretty. i love the story about the egg, you'll have to show me more closely next time i'm over. i love the poinsettas, the colors are amazing! thanks for the virtual tour! :)

Melissa said...

it worked! i've been trying for a long time to post a comment, but it wouldn't let me, but now...
i heard zack almost killed himself hanging up those lights, but they look pretty. i love the story about the egg, you'll have to show me more closely next time i'm over. i love the poinsettas, the colors are amazing! thanks for the virtual tour! :)

Nadine said...

Your decorations are lovely. The outside is very pretty also. Have a very Merry Christmas.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Very beautiful! I love the story of the egg too. It's so great to have wonderful memories, isn't it. I saw a purple poinsettia on Friday. Very beautiful! BTW I love mine!!! Thank you and Mark!

Melissa said...

Everything looks so pretty, especially the outdoor pic. I love outdoor lights! Merry Christmas!

Terri said...

I love the blue pointsettia. I've never seen one like that before. It is truly unique!

Rebekah said...

Very Beautiful. I love the snowmen

Nise' said...

Thank you for inviting me into your lovely home. Love the Nativity set.

Jenni S. said...

What pretty decorations - especially the nativity scene. I like the blue poinsettia too - my favorite color!

Diane said...

I love the egg story! I'm very sentimental too, especially since both my parents are gone now. I've never seen a blue pointsettia either and I really like it! It goes so well next to that snowman! Very nice house - thanks for the tour!

Sarah said...

Your home looks beautiful.

Cherdecor said...

Oooooh, Love the BLUE Poinsettia. It is simply to die for! Your house looks so nice, warm, inviting, and festive! Thanks for inviting us in and allowing us to look around. Merry Christmas!

Chad and Tammy said...

Your house looks beautiful! Mikayla loves blue too. She would love the poinsettia!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having me over. I went to Boo Mama's site to look at homes---I LOVE seeing other people's Christmas decorations but stopped looking after 100 sites----it was after 2:00 AM. yikes. It was really fun though.

I enjoyed coming to your house too!

Susan said...

You have a beautiful home and decorations. I have never seen a blue poinsettia, but it's so pretty!

Khrista said...

What a neat tour of your home. I LOVE the nativity! It sounds like you were very close to your mother-in-law. So sorry she has passed. I was very close to mine as well. She passed away in 2005. I miss her all year, but especially around the holidays.

Totallyscrappy said...

The blue poinsetta is memorable. What a lovely nativity scene.
Come on over anytime...

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever seen a blue poinsettia. How pretty!

Justabeachkat said...

I haven't been by in awhile with some time to just enjoy...so that's what I've done today. I've loved your tour. Everything looks soooo pretty.

Hugs!
Kat

Pedaling said...

i just found your blog, so i'm a little late in your home tour, but i just wanted to tell you how much i enjoyed it. I especially loved your Nativity, beautiful!