Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What do you mean SCHOOL IS CLOSED?!?!?!

Not only is school closed today but it didn't get posted until AFTER all four kids were up and getting ready. ARGH!
I had planned on sewing the kids Christmas PJ's yesterday and Zack came home sick. No problem I will do them Tuesday... Okay I guess now I will be doing them Wednesday. Here is a picture of the pj's I made for them last year.

2005 PJ's... Look how small Gunner is. It is our first Christmas with him.

2004 PJ's... I helped the kids make their own this year. They picked their fabric and they helped sew. The girls tops didn't work out so well because they were a bit revealing so the girls had to wear tank tops under them. This was the last year I bothered with tops because the after Christmas the kids always go back to wearing tank tops or t-shirts anyways.

You see a theme, for the last 4 years or so they have been pants for the girls because they just don't wear the dress-type pj's and if I am going to make them I want them to wear them. I am very excited about this year's pj's because of the fabric I found for them. You will have to wait 'till after Christmas to see them since the girls look at my blog.

So instead today I will be working on a purse that Julie ordered at the Craft Fair at church a couple weeks ago.
Smiles!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the pjs!!! That's such a cool tradition!
Yeah, I got up for school this morning and started getting ready. Then mom came up and said the HS had a 2 hour delay so I should check and see about CC. I didn't figure anything would be cancelled cuz it's college, but I checked anyway. Then they finally cancelled HS, so I called into CC, but they still had yesterday's teacher absences posted until 8:30!! (I usually leave at 8) Mom said she didn't want me driving out to GR by myself, so she said I could just skip my classes today! So I emailed all my teachers and now I'm home...doing homework :(
Enjoy your day with your kids! And I hope Zack is feeling better today!

julie said...

YaHOOOOO! I can't wait for my purse - you do such a wonderful job!!!!!!!!! And, I like you, had my kids ready for school this morning, they were actually at the door waiting for the other kids to come to the bus stop and when no one showed up I thought I better check for school closings. Awesome job on the pj's you are so talented. I hope Zack is feeling better and I am really sorry he was late the other night - chalk it up to a rookie youth leader.

Cheri said...

Nick too was just heading out the door when my phone rang and my wonderful sister informed me of the closing!
You are a crafty little bugger- wish I had gotten some of those creative genes!

Cherdecor said...

I love the pajamas! I STILL love new flannel pajamas! I guess I have a thing for warm pajamas. Great Pics!

Mari said...

What a neat tradition! I had fun looking at the pictures and how the kids changed each year.

Rebekah said...

cute jammies. Isn't it amazing how kids grow right before your eyes?
I am attempting to make the girls aprons for Chirstmas. We will see how they turn out.

Nise' said...

My husband is a school bus driver and he was halfway to his first stop and was called back. He usually comes home and turns off my alarm, but he forgot this time around.

What a day a difference makes.. today it is sunny!

Deleted 2014 said...

!! The glasses are scary wild