I've never been very big into Oprah, but that was very eye-opening about her beliefs. I kind of wish the video weren't a book-plug because that makes it feel like someone is just trying to scare me into reading their book, but I appreciate the info about Oprah. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.
When my kids were little, I used to watch Oprah constantly. Quite frequently she had good stuff on, and true to life, and I'd often end up crying. It was catharctic.
Since we got rid of our TV I haven't missed her one bit. I think many women are getting their spiritual nourishment from her, and that's not a good thing.
I used to leave my TV on for the noise. Now it's bliss to just have it quiet and listen to my children. And far better for my spirit, too!
You are right, Jennifer! Churches need to do more teaching on this than they do.
I am amazed at the bloggers who claim to be Christians yet will not "type" the name of Jesus or Christ. They will say God and say that they pray but put them to the test, and they just say "sweet" things. I guess everyone is more interested in their blog stats.
I used to really enjoy her show, but about 3 months ago I was told about this and looked into it and I don't watch her anymore at all. It really is frightening, because so many people just take her word as truth.
To know the difference between her almost faith and true faith we need to know and I mean KNOW the word of God! Otherwise some of what they say has an almost godly tone! Be prepared! Know your Scripture! We need to wake people up!!!! Oh don't get me started!!!!!
This is really frightening. I have heard about this, but never could get the link to work. Seeing it in front of me is even more scary. She has such influence over people.
WOW! I had no idea. I am not nor have I ever been an Oprah fan, but I am just amazed. I am sure this church is snapping those up that are out there and lost, those that follow every word oprah and others like her say. I have chill bumps and tears in my eyes. I am going to forward this on to all that I know. Thank you for opening my eyes.
I was listening to a girl at work talk about this book club. My spirit became very agitated. I know that Oprah does a lot of good. Her show the Big Give (I watched it once) seems very good. She is teaching a wonderful principle.
My concern with the spiritual teaching is that she has such a large audience and is influencing sooo many. We need to also be influencing. We really need to be the Light.
This is so sad. This woman, who has the ability to reach millions, is leading them down the wrong road. And so many blindly follow. I had not seen this video, so thanks for posting it. She has done much good in this world and has brought much to the forefront of American thought, but in this area, the one with the eternal consequences, she is wrong!
I really am speechless. But not surprised. I have seen this changing trend with a personal "Christian" friend of mine. We must continue to pray, witness and be true to God's word.
I put this same video on my blog today. It is inconceivable to me that ANYONE could think this way. Sadly, she has a huge following. I just pray that God opens the eyes of hearts so that they can see the Truth.
I have NEVER understand the attraction of Oprah. Why so many people listen to her and watch her. Who is she?? Nobody! Yet they think she has the answers.
Like I said, I have never cared for her show and this just increases that dislike. It is sad that so many listen to her.
Yes, this absolutely is very scary. I keep hearing about it, and so many people are talking about it. That's okay. I'll just keep doing my best to spread His word, and just look forward to the fact that this means Christ is close to coming.
i wasn't able to see the clip but am happy to see the word get out about this travestiy! she has the power to do good and puts this kind of thing out for the people to want to belive in.. I THANK THE ONE TRUE LIVING GOD that I and my family know what is the truth!!!! God Bless, Rose Anne
18 comments:
Very disturbing :(
I've never been very big into Oprah, but that was very eye-opening about her beliefs. I kind of wish the video weren't a book-plug because that makes it feel like someone is just trying to scare me into reading their book, but I appreciate the info about Oprah. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.
When my kids were little, I used to watch Oprah constantly. Quite frequently she had good stuff on, and true to life, and I'd often end up crying. It was catharctic.
Since we got rid of our TV I haven't missed her one bit. I think many women are getting their spiritual nourishment from her, and that's not a good thing.
I used to leave my TV on for the noise. Now it's bliss to just have it quiet and listen to my children. And far better for my spirit, too!
Visit To Love, Honor and Vacuum today!
You are right, Jennifer! Churches need to do more teaching on this than they do.
I am amazed at the bloggers who claim to be Christians yet will not "type" the name of Jesus or Christ. They will say God and say that they pray but put them to the test, and they just say "sweet" things. I guess everyone is more interested in their blog stats.
Thanks for posting this.
I used to really enjoy her show, but about 3 months ago I was told about this and looked into it and I don't watch her anymore at all.
It really is frightening, because so many people just take her word as truth.
To know the difference between her almost faith and true faith we need to know and I mean KNOW the word of God! Otherwise some of what they say has an almost godly tone! Be prepared! Know your Scripture! We need to wake people up!!!! Oh don't get me started!!!!!
This is really frightening. I have heard about this, but never could get the link to work. Seeing it in front of me is even more scary. She has such influence over people.
WOW! I had no idea. I am not nor have I ever been an Oprah fan, but I am just amazed. I am sure this church is snapping those up that are out there and lost, those that follow every word oprah and others like her say. I have chill bumps and tears in my eyes. I am going to forward this on to all that I know. Thank you for opening my eyes.
I was listening to a girl at work talk about this book club. My spirit became very agitated. I know that Oprah does a lot of good. Her show the Big Give (I watched it once) seems very good. She is teaching a wonderful principle.
My concern with the spiritual teaching is that she has such a large audience and is influencing sooo many. We need to also be influencing. We really need to be the Light.
Glad we're on the same page.
Rhonda
Thanks Jennifer for posting this. I really only watch Oprah when Dr. Oz is on.
I think I'll post this on my blog too. I have friends and family that watch her all the time.
It is the time to watch and pray.
I found this to be very eye opening.
This is so sad. This woman, who has the ability to reach millions, is leading them down the wrong road. And so many blindly follow. I had not seen this video, so thanks for posting it.
She has done much good in this world and has brought much to the forefront of American thought, but in this area, the one with the eternal consequences, she is wrong!
I really am speechless. But not surprised. I have seen this changing trend with a personal "Christian" friend of mine. We must continue to pray, witness and be true to God's word.
I like the stories that you put on my blog. I guess Tom could not even wake me up. I usually do not sleep that hard.
I put this same video on my blog today. It is inconceivable to me that ANYONE could think this way. Sadly, she has a huge following. I just pray that God opens the eyes of hearts so that they can see the Truth.
I have NEVER understand the attraction of Oprah. Why so many people listen to her and watch her. Who is she?? Nobody! Yet they think she has the answers.
Like I said, I have never cared for her show and this just increases that dislike. It is sad that so many listen to her.
Scary
Yes, this absolutely is very scary. I keep hearing about it, and so many people are talking about it. That's okay. I'll just keep doing my best to spread His word, and just look forward to the fact that this means Christ is close to coming.
:o)
~Maria
Jubilee on Earth
i wasn't able to see the clip but am happy to see the word get out about this travestiy!
she has the power to do good and puts this kind of thing out for the people to want to belive in..
I THANK THE ONE TRUE LIVING GOD that I and my family know what is the truth!!!!
God Bless,
Rose Anne
Post a Comment