The day after Christmas me and the girls went shopping for a new printer. I new the exact one I wanted (or thought I wanted) because I had been hearing such amazing things about it online on other blogs. Our old printer was starting to act up and it is becoming more and more difficult to find ink cartridges for it so I thought it was time to take the plunge. We bought this
little beauty at Best buy on sale and I was tickled to have a printer with all the bells and whistles that I would finally be able to print to from my laptop without having to walk over to the printer and plug my laptop into it.
Before the kids are even over Christmas break the printer is already telling me that it is out of ink. WHAT!?!? We couldn't have printed more than 50 sheets tops and they were text documents. No pictures have been printed yet. So I e-mail and I am told that the first set of cartridges need to "prime the printer" and I won't go through future cartridges that quickly.
Okay so I order a new set of cartridges at the incredible price of $52!!!! I installed them on Jan. 9 and guess what happened last night? Mind you I have been so busy I think I have only used the printer maybe 10 times total since then and again no pictures only text documents. You guessed it, it is telling me that I am out of yellow ink! I am livid!!!!! Someone PLEASE tell me what on earth is going on? I am ready to box it up and bring it back to Best Buy and buy another Canon printer like the one that we had before. Has anyone had this problem before? How much money do you spend a year on ink? I think I replaced my ink cartridges maybe 2 times a year on our old printer.
GRRRRRRRR!
EDITED TO ADD: Epson has agreed to send me a new printer free of charge and ink cartridges to replace the ones that it ate up. Cross your fingers that it solves the issue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I was going to say there must be something wrong with the printer. We may go through 2 color and 2 b/w in a year! We do mostly text documents, but some color. We have had our printer since Jeremiahs was 3. It uses HP 78 and 45 cartridges!
I have a Brother wireless printer that I absolutely love. I print a lot for my job and I replace the ink about 2 times a year.
I hope your replacement solves the problem.
I sure hope that helps, because you wouldn't be able to afford to print anything at that rate! I've heard good things about that printer too, so let us know how it works out.
THat is crazy!!!!!!
Well, let us all know how the new one turns out! Maybe it was just a glitch.
I've always heard that the ink cartridges that come with your printer don't have as much ink in them, but that doesn't explain the second ink cartridge. I also go through ink way to fast, but I think I'm going to just get a new printer, because I can only buy one type of ink. I hope that your new one fixes the problem!!
This is why we bought a laser printer.
Post a Comment