Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Goodbye for now.



John Gordon Van Dam, Sr.
1/1/1919 ~ 1/27/2010


Grandpa passed away early this morning. It hurts. We knew he didn't have much longer and I am thankful that Zack came home this past weekend so that we could all go over to Grandpa's and spend some time visiting with him. I talked to the kids before we went that this would probably be the last time they see him so enjoy your time. They did. Grandpa asked Libby to sit on the bed next to him and he held her hand. It was so sweet. I am sure she will never forget that. Even as weak as Grandpa was he was still making little jokes either verbally or with his eyes. That is the Grandpa I love.

He is now in heaven back together with his lovely bride and they are both whole and pain free.

9 comments:

Nate and Brenda said...

Jen - I am SO very sorry. Praying for your family. I am already feeling weepy so this made me teary thinking of you and kids getting to spend a last day with him.

Cheri said...

Jen you have our deepest sympathies. From hearing you talk about your Grandpa in the past he must have been a very special man indeed!
Praying for your family as you grieve this loss.

Mari said...

I'm so glad you were able to have that time together this weekend. And it's so reassuring to know where he is right now - healthy and happy!~
Praying for you and your family, because even though we can be happy for him, we still hurt.

OHmommy said...

Oh, Jen. I am sorry to hear about your loss. Praying for you and you family.

PS. You won a $50 amex giftcard on my site. Please email me your snail mail address classychaos at gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I believe wonderful grandparents are the truest form of blessing here on this earth.

I pray that you will be filled with warm and wonderful memories and that the Lord will surround you with His grace and peace.

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Jenn, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard this is for you and will continue to pray for you and your family right now.

Big Hugs, Melissa

Tonja said...

I am so sorry, Jennifer. How wonderful that you were able to be with him recently. And, isn't it so comforting to know he is well and happy and talking with our Lord!

May your memories give you comfort.

Tonja

Melissa said...

Jen,
I am so sorry for your loss. I'm thankful that you have the comfort of knowing he is celebrating with his wife and our God. Hugs to you and your family.
<3
Melissa

Cherdecor said...

Jennifer, As I came by for a visit today, I was shocked to read of your grandfather's passing. May you all find comfort in wonderful memories and hope in being able to see him again one day.