It makes me think back to going to awards banquets for Mark when he was playing college football. His parents always invited me along. Mark's mother dressed very proper for every occasion. I don't have that sense of style. You know the kind that can find the perfect shoes, earrings, and necklace to go with the outfit.
Where do you even buy fancy clothes these days. My favorite store is Kohl's but I have this desire to be a little more "edgy" than that. But not this edgy...

Or even this...

Ugh! I need help!
5 comments:
Step AWAY from the zebra stripes! LOL! I never know what to wear to those things!
Some people just know how to put everything together and look polished. I'm not one of them but I'm sure you'll look great!
I have to say I think you well put together when you're all dressed up! What about a store like Macy's or Yonkers? I think they have similar styles to Kohl's, but a little more on the top of the fashion end... And if you pick the right pieces, you can mix and match with clothes that you already have, or you could just have a really nice outfit and use that as an excuse to get dressed up and have Mark take you out for a fancy dinner ;)
~Melissa
It's really easy. Find a nice pair of dress slacks in black...and a nice top in black. It can even be a t-shirt of turtleneck if the material is nice. Next find a jacket. All you need to remember is...if it has a print in it...it must have some black. Or, it could be any solid color you like! Wear a black shoe . Then, if you have gone all black and solid jacket...have fun with a funky colored scarf! And, choose one of the colors in the scarf as your purse color. Enjoy! PS...the pants could just as easily be a pencil skirt.
I like the way Tonja is thinking. Black is so dressy. Here's what I've done lately and I get complimented every time I do. It's a little "edgy" and I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but I love it. You would look great in this style too. I wear a solid black dress, a little shorter than I normally would because I put black thick tights underneath. I wear some funky black boots with thin high heels and a jacket (sometimes even a blue jean jacket) and a long silver necklace.
Hugs!
Kat
Post a Comment