Saturday, November 12, 2011

One year Anniversary

Do you remember this post "My first 5k"? Today I ran this same race again. Last year I couldn't even run the entire time. This year was a different story. Not only did I run the entire race I hit my goal of running it under 40min. I haven't seen the official time yet but I think it will be around 38:13. I am already planning on running it again next year and have set my goal at 32 min. It's time to "train my weaknesses" which for me is speed. Stadium stairs and hill work here I come!

Here is my running buddy Karen and I after the race. We started our "running journeys" together with this 5k last year and continue to spur each other on. She placed 3rd in our age division today! Obviously speed is not a weakness for her. We both want to do a 1/2 marathon. We are looking into one for next April. Feel free to start praying for me now.


This run was especially fun because we ran it with a group of ladies from our church's women's ministry. Be sure to check out Kim's post about running the race with her daughter.

2 comments:

Mari said...

I remember this from last year! You guys have done so well and are an inspiration to the rest of us!

A Stone Gatherer said...

What a great memory for Bekah and I! We were talking about it as we drove through the school parking lot and saw the orange arrows! Thanks for inspiring me to continue as well! God is our strength when we have none!!