The story I was sharing with the kids yesterday was "The 10 Best Ways to Live". The story tells how Moses received the commandments from God and gave them to God's people. At the end of the story there are "wondering questions" that are meant to get the kids thinking about the story they just heard. During the story I reviewed every commandment (which are written very simply so the kids can understand them). I should add that each commandment is also written on a "stone tablet cut out shape" of it's own. The last wondering question was, "I wonder which of these commandments is the most important one to you?" Well most of the kids were saying "Do not steal" or "Love God" but when I got to this one little precious child the child leaned forward and picked up the tablet that said, "Do not break your marriage" and said this one is the most important, my parents did this. Then the child sat down quietly. My heart was breaking. This child is only 6 years old and this child's mother is on her 2nd marriage. There was a lot of pain in this precious little one's face. I didn't know what to do at that point but pray to myself. I had a room full of kids wacthing me and the last thing I wanted to do was to make this child more uncomfortable. I know who this little one's mother is but to me the mom seems very bitter still so I don't think she would be very receptive to me sharing this with her. Please PRAY hard for this precious little child of God who is obviously hurting.
Dear Father, I lift up this beautiful child of yours to you right now. I ask that you give this little one the peace that only you can give. I ask for healing of this child's hurting heart. I also lift up this very young mom. I pray that you give her the wisdom and insight to love her child unconditionally. I also ask that you use me in whatever way you need to show your love to this child and mother. Surround them with other Christians that will shower them with your unfailing love. I ask all these things in Jesus' name. -Amen
8 comments:
That is so sad. I'll pray for her and her Mom too.
Jen,
I'm thankful that you were teaching that class- I'm sure that the little one felt your love. I'll pray for the whole family.
Cheri
That is so sad that such a young child has had to go thru this in their life. I'll be praying...
That just breaks my heart. How sad. Praying for that little one and the family involved.
How sad! That breaks my heart to think of how she must be hurting. I think your prayer is perfect.
Hugs!
Kat
Praying for that little one and her family. Thanks for sharing.
Jen,
I will be praying for this little one too! I praise God though that these children are feeling save enough to talk about these issue in YC&W. Thanks for being a big part of that.
Kim
Oh this just breaks my heart. Kids hurt so much deep through divorce than we think.
I'm glad you are in this little ones life!
Sue
Post a Comment