Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pumpkins...

What a wonderful older sister my daughter is! Libby was all excited about carving pumpkins on Sunday and then was in tears when Kaylyn accidentally broke the "safe" pumpkin cutting knife before Libby got a chance to use it.

Of course there was no explanation that would make her happy about why she couldn't just use a steak knife from the kitchen. After some hugs and calming her down I promised her I would get a new pumpkin knife Monday.


Well the new knife came in a little kit that also included stickers so that you could cut out fun shapes.

With no prompting from her mother, my sweet Anna met Libby at the door when she got off the bus and showed her what I had bought and asked her if she wanted to go carve her pumpkin with her.

These are the moments that I love!
Smiles!

7 comments:

Cheri said...

I know what you mean- your heart just melts when they show love to each other!

Mari said...

What a great kid! Takes after her mother, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer, what a special time carving pumpkins together. ENJOY they grow way to fast. thanks for visiting my blog, yes that was Kevin Endline. He is our vice president of Redemption Riders motorcycle ministry. small world?? oh yeah. nice to meet you. stop by again.

Melissa said...

That is awesome!! Poor Libby (on Sunday), but I think she got the better end of the deal. Anna is such an awesome kid....well, all of your kids are ;)

Chad and Tammy said...

That is so sweet! I love the pictures too!

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...so sweet. A moment to cherish for sure.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

I always knew your kids were awesome! Glad that Anna and Tori are friends!!