Friday, November 2, 2007

1,000 Gifts List

I'm starting a 1,000 Gifts List at Ann's suggestion. I originally found it at Jennifer's site. I am hoping it will help keep my family's focus on what really matters, God and all his wonderful blessings. I will occasionally add some of the "gifts" that we have recorded. I am curious to see how long it will take us to get to 1,000.




1. seeing my children showing each other love
2. unexpected hugs and kisses







Smiles!

10 comments:

Jenni S. said...

What a wonderful idea! Definitely something worth doing to remind us of how much we're blessed with. I'm sure your family will enjoy reading these in the years to come.

Cheryl said...

Hey that is a good idea! I need to try that here also. Thanks and hope you have a good day!

Cherdecor said...

Ohhhh, that is such a great idea We can never be tooooooo thankful!

Melissa said...

What an awesome idea! I think it's a great way to see how blessed we really are!!!

Cheri said...

I love this idea. It'll be great to look back on when you're having a not-so-great day!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Jen, That sounds great! I brought something years ago to Thanksgiving and had people put down what they are thankful for. Now it's fun to look back and see what they wrote. Your book looks great! lots of talent!!!

Mari said...

That is a great idea - puts the focus on the right things and is something to look back at later!

Anonymous said...

That is a good idea-----maybe I should try. I am beginning to be in a funk just waiting on this baby!! Maybe I'll wait to start after his birth. :) I'm sure I'll be able to come up with 1000 by then. :)

Justabeachkat said...

What a great idea and a wonderful one to do this month. I'm participating in "I'm Giving Thanks" on my blog for the month of November. We ALL have so so much to be thankful for. I think doing this with the family is a wonderful tradition.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

I love your Thanksgiving book.
I love our God.
Let's bow low and worship.

All's grace,
Ann