Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Great achievments and Mom's venting

Zack broke records last night both for our own HS records and the OK Silver records. OK Silver is the division our school competes in. Go here to check it out. You can imagine we were very excited.

That is the "great achievements" part now for a little venting by a frustrated mom....

Not even one day after that wonderful achievement we find out from another coach that there is rumblings about the fact that Zack is so big and is putting up such big numbers he must be using enhancements. That just burns me. Of course the coach completely defended Zack because he knows him so well, which I am very thankful for. It brings me back to when Zack was 6 months old and off the charts for both his weight and height and the pediatrician told me I was feeding him too much. After hearing that my VERY smart mother-in-law asked me if the doctor has ever met my husband. I said I don't think she has and she suggested that Mark go with me to the next appointment. After meeting Mark the pediatrician never again told me I was feeding Zack too much. He is built just like his daddy, BIG. It is sad that so many of our "famous" athletes have used enhancements and tainted it for everyone else who is achieving their goals the good old fashion way through hard work, sweat, and tears.

10 comments:

Mari said...

I'm sorry that Zach has to deal with people being suspicious of his ability. I'm sure that it's really frustrating when he knows he isn't guilty of that. He did great - I can't believe how much he broke the record by. Way to go Zach!

Chad and Tammy said...

Congratulations Zack!! It is too bad that some athletes have ruined things and caused suspicion for others. We all know better Zack!!!

Melissa said...

First off, Zack is amazing! He never ceases to amaze me with his performance.
Secondly, if anyone knew Zack, they wouldn't say that about him. I've worked out with him, and I've seen his work ethic, and I know he would never do something unethical like that. It's too bad that in today's society, cheating like that actually comes to mind :(

A Stone Gatherer said...

Boy I would be ticked too! What would they say to my 11 year old nephew how is almost 6 foot?!!! Defend that poor boy! It is so sad that that is the conclusion the jump too! Boy that bugs me!!

Cherdecor said...

Congratulations to Zach! We are all proud of him!

Sheryl said...

Hi, I just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment. I did, indeed, open those windows yesterday. If I can't get outside, I can try to bring some of it inside to me.

Your family sounds like an amazing bunch!

Sheryl

Cheri said...

Wow- what amazing talent. You deserve to be very proud of him because anyone that knows him would never even suspect him.
That would really tick me off as a mom too!

Jenni S. said...

Oh what a frustrating thing to hear. You go ZacK! Show all those other people what can be done with the build God gave you!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

It is a shame that "society" wants all our kids to fit into this perfect "mold/standar". It kills me that kids can't just be themselves and be celebrated for being special, just like God created them to be!

Way to go Zach for the records!

Rebekah said...

smart thinking to take Mark with you. I can understand being upset by those comments- but the Lord has it under control