Friday, April 11, 2008

Locks of Love

Kim, please don't show Bekah...
Melissa, please don't look any further until you see Libby in person.

It is our last day of Spring Break and Libby has been asking me forever to let her get her hair cut so she can donate it Locks of Love. We had a little joke going that if she doesn't "love her locks" no one will want it. You see she doesn't take very good care of her hair and she doesn't like me stepping in and doing it for her. Melissa promised Libby if she would take better care of her hair for one month she would reward her with taking her out somewhere. This past Friday Melissa made good on her promise and took Libby to see Nim's Island. Libby and Melissa were nice enough to let Kaylyn and I tag along. It was a great movie.

Today I surprised Libby with a haircut appointment to finally cut her hair and donate it.

Libby before the haircut.
(A little side note it was 71 and sunny when we went into the salon)


Ready to start cutting.


Almost done cutting.


Donation of hair ready to be mailed in.


Libby after the haircut.
(25 min after the first picture it had rained and was now 59 degrees. Crazy Michigan weather!)


She just loves it. I think it looks so cute on her and I am so excited about not having to fight her to get all the knots out of it.
Smiles!

19 comments:

Mari said...

That is great! What a sweet thing for her to do and she looks so cute with her new cut!

Cheri said...

It makes her look older! I think it's so adorable. I can totally relate about the snarls, the longer Halle's hair gets the more I'm fighting this too!

Chad and Tammy said...

That is so neat that she wanted to do that! Her haircut looks SO cute on her. I love it!!

Monkey Giggles said...

She is a sweetheart to do this plus she looks great. Love the cut.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Oh I can't wait for Bekah to see it on Sunday! WoW!!! It looks awesome!!!!!

Tonja said...

Libby, what a very special thing for you to do! Someone will be forever grateful that you cared enough to give a gift of yourself. This is the most special kind of gift to give, you know. It is the kind of gift that God honors the most. I think you look great in your new style and so will the girl you helped. God bless you as you look for more ways to be a blessing to others.

Cherdecor said...

Libby looks great in her new hair style! Ohhhhhh, I remember those days . . . my days when I was very young. When my mother wanted to comb my hair, I hid under the bed because she had no mercy when it came to getting those tangles out! Where were the Locks of Love when I needed them?

Anonymous said...

I love Libby's new do! Hopefully this will help Chloe to know that hers is long enough to donate. Kaitlyn did this a few years ago, and Chloe wanted to help too! Don't ya just love it?!
~Debi

Anonymous said...

What a servant's heart to give this precious gift.

She looks adorable!

Diane said...

She looks great! Love the new cut!! It makes her look older - is that ok with you, Jen?? I've been waiting for my hair to get long enough to donate too but didn't think it was long enough yet - after seeing Libby's, I'm thinking maybe it is!

Karen Hossink said...

I agree. She looks adorable. And how great that someone else will benefit from her love. *grin*

Rhonda said...

The cut looks great - she looks very pretty with her new 'do'. How wonderful of her to make such a grown-up decision to donate her hair.

Melissa in Mel's World said...

WOW Libby, I LOVE THE NEW DO!!! What a great gift you have given someone else AND were blessed to walk away with a cool new look for you!

Anonymous said...

She looks wonderful! I really love it!

That is such a great donation----I wish I had the patience to grow my hair long enough to donate it!

Really do think the cut looks great on her! (and how do you expect Melissa NOT to look? I'll be so proud of her if she doesn't!)

Rebekah said...

Cute bob. And donating the hair is such a great thing

Melissa said...

She looks so beautiful, and grown up, with the new cut! I was so excited to see her today! (The hair place looks familiar :), that's where I go too :) )

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

What a precious little one you have there. What a heart too.

My sister is a hairstylist and whenever she has a client donate for "locks of love" she always calls me because she is so touched.

happyhome said...

Your daughter looks adorable! That is a lot of hair to donate. Way to go Libby!

Shelly said...

That is so neat that she wanted to donate her hair. The cut looks wonderful. Will be nice for the summer too.