Monday, April 7, 2008

Meme-15 Random Things

I was tagged by Tonja to list 15 random things about myself. She thought I might need something to take my mind off missing Anna. Here goes:

1. I don't like wearing socks. I have been seeing a lit of blogs for knitting socks and I want to try it but I keep thinking I would put the work into it and then not wear them. Maybe I need to bless others with socks. Hmm...

2. I am the youngest of 3 girls, but I am also the tallest (by 3+ inches) and have the most kids so people sometimes think I am the oldest.

3. I love Coke (the pop that feels like a drug) but haven't had any pop since Aug.

4. I was engaged to my wonderful husband when I was 18 years and 1 month old. Oh please my precious children don't do this to your mother. I know now why this stressed out my poor parents.

5. I was voted wackiest wiggler my Senior year in HS. My dad always said that I had a catch in my get-a-long. I guess others notice it too.

6. Just like Tonja, I don't like to sit in the back of church. In fact we usually sit in the second row right up front behind our Pastor. I am too easily distracted by people watching if I don't sit up front.

7. I like pizza but I hate ordering it. Too many decisions. Mark orders it for us.

8. My first car was a Mustang. Not even close to being a "cool" model though.

9. My siblings and parents all have names that start with a "J", John, Judy, Jodi, Julie and Jennifer, and our first dog's name was Joker.

10. I love thunderstorms. I usually crack our bedroom window open to listen to the rain at night.

11. I don't drink coffee. I just don't care for it.

12. I love fabric stores, book stores and yarn stores. I could spend hours in them just coming up with different projects to do or books to read. Too bad there isn't more hours in the day.

13. I enjoy playing softball. However, every year I start thinking maybe I am getting to old for this but so far I haven't backed out.

14. I love shoes, especially really fun sandals.

15. My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip.

Whew! That was harder than you think. Maybe number 16 should be I have a terrible memory. I am now tagging Anna and Kaylyn. Maybe this will get them to update their blogs finally.
Smiles!

13 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

Very interesting stuff!

Cheri said...

That was really fun. I love that saying from your dad about a hitch in your step!

Melissa said...

Cool :) That was fun to read! :)

Mari said...

Those are interesting things to know about you. I was engaged at 19, married at 20, had my first child at 1 week before I turned 21. Yes - I think that's way too young now too, but I thought I was pretty old at the time! I don't like coffee either.

Shelly said...

That was fun reading more information on ya. I never knew anyone that was that allergic. That is miserable.

Rebekah said...

I love thunderstorms too. And no socks (I wear them in the winter but as soon as warmer weather hits, off come the socks until the snow flies)

Terri said...

Fun to read! I also love thunderstorms - except if I'm camping. 18 when you were engaged huh? I think kids wait till they're older now - thankfully!?

happyhome said...

Coffee...yes
fabric stores...no
socks...no way!

Rhonda said...

Thanks for sharing the facts. I don't like coffee either. Just have never acquired a taste. My husband thinks I need to learn to like it, but everytime I try it my mouth says 'blah'!!

Tonja said...

coffee...yuck!
socks...in winter
fabric stores...ok
coke...#2 Dr.Pepper #1
ice cream...the chocolatyest available
thunderstorms...NO WAY....SCARY!!!

thanks for playing!

Jubilee on Earth said...

Hi, there! Fun blog! I'm glad I stopped by -- I put you into my Google Reader and will be back. I had to laugh... I'm the opposite. I wear socks all the time, even in summer. Funny how people are so unique and different, eh? (Oh, and you have to be from Michigan or thereabouts... your "pop" statement gave you away!)

~Maria
www.jubileeonearth.com

Praise and Coffee said...

What fun!

I am tall too and love mint choc chip ice-cream.

I would never dream of making socks though....when Walmart sells it, you won't see me making it! :)

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Oh my...do you want to hear something FUNNY...your #8 (the Ford Mustang) looks aweful familiar to MY first car too...1976 Ford Mustang steel gray!