This morning I finally made a seat cushion for the chair in Anna's room.

The chair came from a friend of ours who owns a business that makes these chairs and this one was a prototype that had been through testing and Anna asked if they were going to dump it could she have it for her bedroom. Since it was used for testing it didn't have any of the seat cushions on it.

I think she will be surprised because I didn't even tell her that I was thinking about doing this. I had picked up the foam earlier this week and the fabric is from my "stash" that I already had. I am a fabric junkie and not afraid to admit it.
I also finished up her bed skirt this morning. She knows about this because she picked out the fabric and the trim. I am a little bummed that it isn't a perfect match to her bedspread but she wants me to make a new quilt for her bed someday and then I am certain it will match.

Smiles!
11 comments:
I've never made a cushion before. It looks a little scary. Everything looks like a good match from here. I think she will be pleased.
Jen, it looks great! I love the bedskirt! Anna's going to have a great home coming!
It looks great - what a nice surprise for Anna when she comes home!
Those both turned out great! She's gonna love them! I'm glad that you were able to finish them. ;)
I love all the purple. Her room looks great.
WOW! That is really nice. You must be pretty handy with a sewing machine. That is nice. I don't think many people now a days can sew. I know I can't. The only thing I have sewn was in Junior High and I had to sew a pillow and it was a monkey pillow. Good old Home Ech class. Anna will love what you have done to her room. Always nice to have something new to come home to.
You smart girl, you! She'll be so excited when she returns!
I thought you may be pining away, while she is gone...so I tagged you so you would have something to occupy your mind. :)
You've been busy. It looks great!
Those look awesome! You can't even tell from the picture that the bedskirt doesn't match.
Those look so marvelous! You're very talented!
I used to make curtains but I haven't tried any in a while. I really should again because I know they're not that hard.
I have been making cloth menstrual pads (they're really easy, too, and it's not nearly as gross as you think, plus they're a lot more comfortable!), but they don't exactly have to be that fitted.
Anyway, you've given me inspiration!
Isn't it great what beautiful fabrics you can buy?
Great job!
Post a Comment