Thursday, April 24, 2008

Track fun

Kaylyn has been really working hard at clearing the 5' mark in pole vault. Last night she finally cleared it for the first time at a meet and then she went on to clear 5' 6" and took 1st place at the Middle School track meet. We were all very excited for her. Here is a funny video of her clearing the 5' mark and getting really lucky with how the pole landed.


She also took 3rd place in shot put with a toss of 21' 3" (I think, I am going off memory and that isn't always so good for me) but that went so fast that I missed it while waiting for Libby to get off the bus. Bummer!

Then of course Zack had to get in on the attention and show us his wonderful abilities....


I think he better stick to throwing things and not trying to throw himself. His size puts him at a slight disadvantage for such stuff. LOL! For more chuckles check out this video.

Smiles!

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Good job Kaylyn. I always thought that looked like fun.

Melissa said...

Way to go Kaylyn!!! Placing in both events....that's fantastic!
That movie of Zack is hilarious...I think you're right though, he should stick with throwing :)

Diane said...

Great job Kaylyn!! Congratulations!

Zack - don't quit your day job! :)

Chastains said...

We really enjoyed the videos. Miy middle schoolers have been trying to learn pole vault to no avail. 7th grade daughter is going to state for the 3000m.
Laura

Tonja said...

I am in awe that you can do that, Kaylyn! Good for you! I expect to hear of you winning all sorts of medals!

Zack, be careful!!!!!