Monday, September 15, 2008

Interesting e-mail...

I received an e-mail today from someone I did not know. I usually delete them but this one didn't seem to be junk mail. Here it is:

Sorry to bug you, but my cousin ran across your site and forwarded it to me when he saw your profile said you were interested in the Bible. He thought I might want to tell you how to get any Bible reference you ever put on your site to have a cool automatic pop-up with the entire verse.

Just in case you're interested, you can add it to your blog for free.

You watch how it works and then get the code here: http://www.logos.com/reftagger

There are already almost 2,000 Christian blogs using it. If you like it go ahead and put it on your site. It is really easy to add. Then if you want to help spread the word write a blog post about it! ?

...and if you want to link to the best Bible Software in the world, just add a link in the layout section.

Here are some links you might want to add:

Logos Bible Software Blog http://blog.logos.com

Bible Study http://www.logos.com

I hope you like the Bible reference tagger, it will work automatically for your blog once you add it. It will make every Bible reference you type from now on automatically linked, and it will also take any Bible reference you typed on any old posts and automatically link that too!

If you want a tutorial on how to add it to blogger, go to the post here:
http://blog.logos.com/archives/2008/06/adding_reftagger_to_a_blogger_blog.html


Thanks!

-Dan

Dan Pritchett, VP Marketing & Business Development
Logos Research Systems, Inc.
1313 Commercial St., Bellingham WA 98225-4307
Voice (360) 685-2335 FAX (360) 527-1707 dan@logos.com
http://www.logos.com



Well I just had to check it out so instead of clicking on any of the provided links I googled the company (I had heard of it on the radio last week also). It is really cool and software and I have already added it to my blog and it is doing exactly what it claims to do. Scroll over John 3:16... Isn't that just too cool?

11 comments:

Cheri said...

That is so awesome. I'm going to use it too!

Melissa said...

That is really neat! :)

Anonymous said...

hmm ... doesn't work for us. Maybe you have to have a blogger blog for it to work?
DMS

Mari said...

That is really neat. I'll have to add it. Thanks for sharing.

Rebekah said...

Cool!

Im sure it was odd getting a strange e-mail- then not knowing if it was a scam or some sort of virus. Glad it was an honest e-mail

Tonja said...

I got the exact same e-mail yesterday...and I had not checked it out yet. You saved me the time. Yes, I will add it, too.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That's cool! Patty

A Stone Gatherer said...

Cool! I'll have to give it a try!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post Jennifer. I am glad you read the email, I had quite a time trying to figure out how to start it. It is all true, and it is all free. It is hard to convince people there's no catch sometimes! :-)

I sent the email to quite a few people my cousin thought might be interested, and I got a lot of interesting responses. It is funny how in today's day and age everyone thinks there is a catch. Well, no catch—RefTagger is free. Enjoy!

One of my favorite responses was from a blogger who was so excited by RefTagger because he wanted to cite scripture all the time now because the feature was so cool. How about that? Just because he is using our little freebie, he is getting more into the Bible himself, and he is also spreading the Word to his readers more. Awesome!

Jeremiah 32:17

Praise and Coffee said...

That IS cool, I'll be checking it out, thanks!
Sue

Tammy said...

Thanks for following my blog! I enjoyed browsing your blog today and will add it to my personal favorites!
I added the link to my blog per your advice and I love it already! Thanks for sharing this. I'll pass it on, as well!