Smiles!
Friday, January 4, 2008
A few more Christmas Memories.
For Mark's family party we rented out a banquet room at a local hotel. This is a great idea if your family is too big to fit in a living room. It cost us $50 and we had the room all day and we had use of the pool all day. We got there around 4pm so the kids could get some swimming in before we had a potluck at 5:30pm. It is really nice to not have to deal with the clean up like you have if it is in your own house.
Doesn't Mark look like he wants another baby? This is his great-nephew, Logan. He is just the sweetest happiest baby and he loves Mark. On a side note, that brand new shirt Mark is wearing he got from work. It has a work logo on it. Well needless to say his wonderful wife washed it with Zack's new jeans and they bled on it. Anyone have any tips for fixing that? I caught it before it went into the dryer but I think it is still a lost cause. Bummer!
The handsome fella on my lap is also a great-nephew, Josiah. He stole my heart when he came over to me and asked me if he could sit on my lap. Are ya kiddin? What are you waiting for, jump on up here.
This last picture is just too funny to not include. It is Logan's brother, Tusla, jumping into the pool. Isn't that just the best picture?
Smiles!
Smiles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Jennifer,
That is a GREAT idea! I can't believe I never thought about renting out a place (and enjoying the pool to boot) for Christmas. Back in KY where almost the rest of the family lives there are about 120 of us that get together on Christmas Eve to celebrate with my 85 year old grandmother.
Thanks for the tip and the awesome pictures!
BTW...your kids are just beautiful!
Isn't the hotel thing great we do that too with Brandon's mom's side. As far as the shirt, You might try fels naptha soap (can get at family fare) or my mom-in-law has a soaking solution she uses but it might shrink the shirt but I figure if it's a lost cause anyway might as well try. You use 1/2 cap of vivid and a scoop of Ivory snow in a sink full of HOT water -as hot as you can get it, stir it around every now and then.(I do it in a plastic tub because you can leave it in the solution as much as 2 weeks)I've had really good success with it. and seldom have a problem with shrinkage.
DMS
Great pictures! It looks like fun!
When I opened this page and saw the picture of Mark, I thought - "he needs another baby!" Then I laughed when I saw your note saying the same thing. We rented a room at the Allendale hotel this year for Bob's family party. It worked well and no one has to worry about getting their house ready or cleaning up.
Yep, that idea works great! I would love to know where you guys got such a good rate! We paid closer to $90!
What sweet looking little children! I am afraid that the little diver is going to get a 'belly smacker' for sure! LOL!
Oh, Jennifer, is there an announcement coming soon? ! ? ! ?
Wow- Mark's face does just scream that he wants another baby!!!!
Love the last picture- it looks like it might have hurt just a bit.
Love that last picture - Why is it that it doesn't seem to hurt kids when they land like that?
Hello! I just came over to say thanks for visiting my blog! I wish I could help you with the shirt. I don't know how to fix it after the fact, but I do recommend Shout Color Catchers. I put one in with every load, and I haven't had any problems with color bleeds since. Just a suggestion! Have a wonderful weekend!
Thats a great idea. Money well spent!
I just tagged you
Wow, what a great idea about the hotel. Looks like you all had a great time together!
Jennifer you are so photogenic!
No laundry tips from me----I have ruined so many things.
The room revamp was your son's idea :)
If you want to scare anyone away you can just start arguing with yourself again. that is really scary! or you can start making up words like "fnicken" but only if you know what they mean before you say them. lol. and no, i didnt just give you permission to say fnicken or snicken or fsfnicken or nicken or anything like that!!!! so dont get any ideas. and by the way you shouldnt argue with yourself either because *cough you *cough stink *cough at it! excuse me, i need some halls. and not hills, just anna. one hill. lol. not you you scare me. big time. ok, goodbye.
This is a great idea. When we all moved out, my parents bought a great big house on a lake, and even so, when we're all there together we're still short a bed or two!
Looks like fun...
Post a Comment