Friday, May 2, 2008

Mom, can you make me this?

Anna seen a bag tutorial on this site and asked me to make it for her with a couple of her own design changes. She wanted the shoulder strap longer and the bag a little "deeper". I also changed the button closure to a snap just because I forgot to sew in the tab when I was making it and I had the snap already in the house. LOL! So Tuesday I made it for her. I still need to put the requested zippered pocket in it but she wanted to use it this weekend and I don't have a zipper in the house so she will have to wait for that.One funny thing about the site where she found the bag at, she found it by googling for a bag. When she gave me the site name to look at it I said, "Hey that name looks familiar" sure enough I subscribe to it in my Google Reader. What a coincidence.

Smiles!

13 comments:

Terri said...

Cute bag!

Shelly said...

Nice bag. I bet she will love it! To have such a talent as sewing. That is great! Enjoy your day!

melissa said...

so glad you enjoyed the pattern- your daughter's bag looks great! :)

Melissa said...

that's a really great bag! I love the material! :)

Mari said...

That's really cute! The lining is adorable. Hope Anna knows how lucky she is to be able to put in a request like that and have it done!

Cheri said...

It looks very similar to the style bag that I just bought.
I love mine- I bet she'll love her's too!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Very Cool! Oh to have that talent!!!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Very Cool! Oh to have that talent!!!

Tonje said...

Nice bag! I'm sure Anna will be pleased with it!

Shelly said...

About your comment on my blog. That is funny! I would not root for Notre Dame either. I like Blue and Gold Michigan. I had blue and gold High School colors and that is why I go for them. But, State is good too. Either is okay with me. That is cool that your husband Mark played for State. Where does Zach think he is going to school at? What will he be studying?

Cherdecor said...

I like your choice of fabrics!

Tonja said...

The bag looks great! What a talented lady you are!

Rhonda said...

What a great bag! I'm impressed - so talented.