Yesterday I planted four big pots of flowers and raked out the garden one more time so that we could finally get it planted.
It is nice having a "big guy" around to move things...

Zack is carrying this pot up to the deck so that I can plant some tomato plants in it.
I planted two pots like this for by the pool...

and two pots like this for the deck...

Poor Zack, I didn't think of how much heavier they would be after I watered them. I should have waited to water them until they were on the deck.

If you look close, or click on the picture to enlarge it, you can see Mark in the background waiting to finish up the garden with me. Kaylyn and Libby were a HUGE help with the planting. They really "dug in" and helped out.
Mark also finished up the fire pit. He hadn't bought enough stones the first time and had to go back to get more. We already used it Monday night for S'mores with the kids. Of course they loved it.

The fire pit looks a lot like
Shelly's and Mark already had the stuff bought before I had a chance to show him the picture of Shelly's. Great minds...
Smiles!
10 comments:
So where are the finnished garden pictures?
DMS
I wish we could have a fire pit. Two summers ago our town passed an ordinance of no open burns "at all" in the town limits. Bummer.
Hope you guys enjoy yours
It looks great! I know we enjoy our fire thingy, especially the s'mores!!! :)
You've accomplished a lot. It looks great!
How awesome to have such a great helper!
I love your fire ring too - we are looking to do one too. Mind if we copy your idea? :)
Jennifer, all your work looks wonderful and yes, I like the fact that the fire pit looks awesome. Great minds do think alike. Maybe we started something here. LOL
Zack is one stong young fella. You look like you have a nice place. I have to get the garden planted too. Going to be the first time in our new house here. I did one a couple years at my other house. Will see what happens. Tee-Hee.
I always said that I birthed boy babies to carry out the trash, kill the bugs and mow the lawn! I see you birthed Zach for a little of that yard work, too. I know it is gonna look good when everything starts to grow in.
You have all got it looking GOOD! I love flower pot creating! Gardening! That is right up my ally!
A fire pit is something I look at every time we run to Lowe's....Maybe soon??? Maybe I should show Jeff the one ya'll made!
Have a great day Jennifer!
You look just like your mom!
That baby is precious-----that's not too far, though I cannot believe the price of gas for you guys.
What a wonderful article on Zack. Very impressive----I know you must be proud. Sounds like you are raising a fine, young, godly man!
Loved the pots----and I want a fire pit too.
Those pots are beautiful! I love big flower pots like that on a deck...they just add so much!
Post a Comment