Monday, January 14, 2008

I am so mad at myself!!!!

Can you figure out what these pieces belong to?


I can't begin to tell you how bummed I am about these pieces. I think this clip below pretty much describes my anger/frustration...


This is where those pieces belong...

You see I was backing out of the garage this morning and I caught the side mirror on the garage door opening. If I could just have those 2 seconds of my day back. Argh!!! Here is the garage. I didn't do any damage to it. Don't be mistaken by that black smudge, it was already there.

There is absolutly no evidence of damage from this morning's incident on the garage. I guess I should be thankfull for this because I just got the estimate on fixing my Suburban...

"Are you sitting down?" that is what Ross at Tolman's asked my dear hubby before he told him.

$750!!!!!

I just want to crawl in a hole! I asked my sweet understanding hubby (you see he has caught my mirror on the opening twice it just never broke when he did it so at least he is somewhat understanding about it) if we could just leave it that way until we get some extra cash. He is worried that we wouldn't be able to get the Suburban washed with the mirror like that because the car wash brushes might grab it and then we could do damage to the side panel. And if you know my husband and his vehicles... well let's just say he won't let it not get washed if it is dirty. Now add to that the fact we live in Michigan, they salt the roads like crazy this time of year, and we just happen to live on a DIRT road. My Suburban gets dirty!

Does anyone out there feel my pain?!?!?!

Trying to smile...

19 comments:

Melissa said...

Ohhhh Jen! I feel your pain...in more ways than one. My mom did that to our van mirror a few years back. And I understand about the cost because I have a huge bill for my car! I guess yours is so expensive because it's one of those electric ones huh? Bummer! I think you could superglue it for a while, but same with the duct tape, if you go thru the carwash... I still can't believe it costs that much!! Is there anywhere who can maybe do it for cheaper? I hope the rest of your day goes well for you! :)

Melissa said...

I just watched the video...that is one scary cat!!! I hope that you weren't freaking out that badly, but I can understand if you were

jennwa said...

I used to be a Veterinarian Tech and I can definitely remember having cats like that in the office. You feel bad for them because they are scared but they do sound kind of funny.
About your car, I am so sorry. Is there anyway you can go to a Junk Yard and get a mirror to put on you car? Sometime you can find a car that was recked in a different area and the mirror would be just fine. Maybe that would be cheaper. $750 is a lot of money.

Jenni S. said...

Oh no! I totally feel your pain. I once put a scratch down the entire left side of my car from one of those ticket thingies at a pay parking lot. Thank the Lord for gracious husbands!

Terri said...

Oh that is so frustrating - so many what if's...., if only.....
That cat video is so scary - poor little thing.

Justabeachkat said...

Oh Jennifer, how frustrating! My husband drives a big SUV and it's a tight fit getting into the garage. He can flatten his side mirrors in by using an electronic button and that sure helps. Whenever I drive his car, which isn't often, I'm always afraid I'll forget. Bless your heart!

I haven't been by in awhile, so it's been fun reading all your posts I've missed last week while my Mom and Aunt were visiting.

Hugs!
Kat

A Stone Gatherer said...

I had the best comment earlier and the computer ate it, so here is a shorter version!
Yes I feel your pain, 2 weeks after getting our van I did the very same thing. It still is not fixed. You see in the Vander Helm home we believe in paying for insurance but not using it. Hence the dent from Maine in the drivers door, and the scrapes in the back drivers side from me and another gentlemen backing out of parking spots at the same time and lightly kissing each other (the cars I mean)!

Anonymous said...

Oh man that rots! Brandon had a similar problem last year when he slid in the school parking lot and our van kissed their mailbox. You may remember the dangling mirror for months. He finally was able to fix it himself with a used mirror bought from a parts place for $40 and some free instructions from Steve Suits =) Speaking of repairs, we just got our van back this afternoon from Hansen where it had it's little "butt lift" compliments of the lady in the Beamer who hit Brandon on Christmas Eve at the Mall.
DMS

Mari said...

I feel your pain too - We had to repair our mirror when Heather first started driving and sideswiped a mail box. Who would have thought those mirrors would cost so much?
That cat is scarey - our cat hisses at strangers because she is scared, but she is an angel compared to that!

Anonymous said...

Oops!

And I'm feeling your pain.

Melanie said...

Wow- that is really awful. My hubby did that few years ago and used Gorilla glue to put it back on. It's still there.

I've added you to the Blogaholics Anonymous Blogroll. Welcome to the club! Livin' With Me

Deleted 2014 said...

They say you can't buy freindship, but Tolman's has been incredibly nice to us each time we've dropped big bucks on our vehicles there. : /

Yes. We feel your pain postmusly.
-C

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! I am so sorry! Those kinds of situations are so frustrating. Don't beat yourself up though. It happens to us all!

nannykim said...

Well , I am so glad that your hubby has hit it in the past!! At least he can have some understanding!

Monkey Giggles said...

I do feel your pain. In the last month I have broke more things around the house than I have in 10 years. My husband has band me from dusting or moving the pottery. Oh, darn!

Laura said...

Oh no Jen! That's such a horrible feeling.

I did that to Mark and Cheri's van when they were in Russia - now that is a really horrible feeling - knowing I'd have to tell them when they came home!

Rebekah said...

I feel your pain. I swiped a mailbox several weeks ago. I was so ticked at myself. I only crakced the glass so it was cheap and easy to replace.

Melissa in Mel's World said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH Jennifer...I am so feeling your pain! Yikes!!! I am so sorry about that...that totally stinks my friend!!!

PS - If you crawl into a hole I would crawl in there with ya so you'd have someone to talk or cry with...ok?

Robin Green said...

I am so sorry about your mirror--I have done the same thing, but like your husband, it didn't break. So sorry--car repairs are so expensive, even for something that seems minor. Thank you so much for the award you gave me--how sweet to think of me--got to love those Jennifers.!!